Belichick: No updates on status of Faulk
|09.21.10 at 12:54 pm ET|
It’s becoming clear the Patriots are planning for the possibility of life without veteran running back Kevin Faulk.
Faulk was injured late in Sunday’s loss to the Jets when he was knocked out of bounds by Jets defensive back Drew Coleman in the fourth quarter. He was on the ground for a few minutes before coming off the field with the training staff. After Coleman came over to check on him, he fired his mouthpiece to the ground in frustration, and he could be seen on the sidelines wearing a large ice pack on the injured knee.
In the locker room after the game, the 34-year-old Faulk was clearly emotional — although its not known if he was upset about the bitter defeat or the status of his knee.
Patriots coach Bill Belichick said Tuesday afternoon that things remain up in the air regarding the status of the veteran running back.
“They’re still working on it,” Belichick said in a conference call with the media Tuesday afternoon. “I think part of it is how things come around in the next day or so. We’re not even 48 hours yet. They said based on how that is, we’ll make a decision at that point.”
- New England Patriots Links 12/11/13 - Can Mental Toughness Overcome...
- No Lead, No Problem
- Patriots vs. Browns: By the Numbers
- Offensive Fallout: Touch Percentage
- Patriots vs. Ravens Flexed Out of Primetime for Week 16
- New England Patriots Links 12/10/13 - 'Next Man Up' Philosophy Faces...
- New England Patriots fans, take a deep breath and enjoy the ride