Pats sign tight end Carson Butler to practice squad
|09.21.10 at 5:23 pm ET|
The Patriots have just announced they have signed tight end Carson Butler to the practice squad. Here’s the full text of the announcement from the team:
FOXBOROUGH, Mass. – The New England Patriots announced today the signing of first-year TE Carson Butler to the practice squad.
Butler, 6-4, 260 pounds, was signed by the Patriots on August. 2, 2010 and was waived on Sept. 4. He was originally signed by the Green Bay Packers as a rookie free agent out of Michigan in 2009. Butler was waived by Green Bay in late July and signed by the Detroit Lions in early August. After being waived by Detroit prior to the start of the 2009 regular season, he spent parts of the year on the practice squads of San Francisco and Cincinnati. Butler signed with the New York Giants in January of 2010 but was waived in June.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- The Redemption of Josh McDaniels: Failure Taught Pats OC How to Pick His...
- Julian Edelman Comments on His Role Against Bills in Week 4
- Anthony Johnson Released by Patriots: Latest Comments and Reaction
- Jacoby Brissett Injury: Updates on Patriots QB's Thumb and Return
- Jacoby Brissett, QBs Making Their First Career Start Under Belichick Are...
- Shorthanded Patriots Send Emphatic Message That They Are Team to Beat in...
- Patriots vs. Texans: Full Report Card Grades for New England