Pats sign tight end Carson Butler to practice squad
|09.21.10 at 5:23 pm ET|
The Patriots have just announced they have signed tight end Carson Butler to the practice squad. Here’s the full text of the announcement from the team:
FOXBOROUGH, Mass. – The New England Patriots announced today the signing of first-year TE Carson Butler to the practice squad.
Butler, 6-4, 260 pounds, was signed by the Patriots on August. 2, 2010 and was waived on Sept. 4. He was originally signed by the Green Bay Packers as a rookie free agent out of Michigan in 2009. Butler was waived by Green Bay in late July and signed by the Detroit Lions in early August. After being waived by Detroit prior to the start of the 2009 regular season, he spent parts of the year on the practice squads of San Francisco and Cincinnati. Butler signed with the New York Giants in January of 2010 but was waived in June.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Terrance Knighton Cut by Patriots: Latest Comments and Reaction
- Updates on Patriots OT Sebastian Vollmer Injury
- Latest Updates on Tom Brady's Thumb Injury
- Malcolm Mitchell Injury: Updates on Patriots WR's Elbow
- Tom Brady Comments on Suspension, Decision to Drop Deflategate Appeal
- Latest Updates on Bryan Stork's Concussion
- Gronk Is Too Good to Be NFL's Highest-Paid TE