Pats sign tight end Carson Butler to practice squad
|09.21.10 at 5:23 pm ET|
The Patriots have just announced they have signed tight end Carson Butler to the practice squad. Here’s the full text of the announcement from the team:
FOXBOROUGH, Mass. – The New England Patriots announced today the signing of first-year TE Carson Butler to the practice squad.
Butler, 6-4, 260 pounds, was signed by the Patriots on August. 2, 2010 and was waived on Sept. 4. He was originally signed by the Green Bay Packers as a rookie free agent out of Michigan in 2009. Butler was waived by Green Bay in late July and signed by the Detroit Lions in early August. After being waived by Detroit prior to the start of the 2009 regular season, he spent parts of the year on the practice squads of San Francisco and Cincinnati. Butler signed with the New York Giants in January of 2010 but was waived in June.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Patriots vs. Rams: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- Tom Brady Passes Peyton Manning for Most Wins All-Time by a QB
- Danny Amendola Injury: Updates on Patriots WR's Ankle and Return
- Tom Brady Injury: Updates on Patriots QB's Knee and Return
- Alan Branch Wins Suspension Appeal: Latest Details and Reaction
- Can the New England Patriots Survive Another Rob Gronkowski Absence?
- Rob Gronkowski Injury Update: TE Reportedly Will Miss 8 Weeks with Back...