Stephen Neal on the Bills: ‘It’s always a battle’
|09.24.10 at 10:58 am ET|
Stephen Neal joined the Dale & Holley show for his weekly interview and talked about the loss to the Jets and Friday preparations.
First and foremost, however, is the Buffalo Bills. “They have a good team,” Neal said. “I don’t care what anybody says. They have a good powerful hard-working front. They have good linebackers and they got a great secondary. They’re a good challenge for us this week. We’re going to have to do everything right.”
Asked if it was hard for the team to block out their 13-game winning streak against the Bills, Neal said, “Last year, in the first game of the season, we were barely able to sneak one away from them. We’ve been in in some battles with them. I respect the Bills. I respect their coaching staff, all their players. It’s always a battle when we go in there or they come here. The past, I don’t even look at the past. It’s not that big of a deal.”
Neal also talked about the team’s preparations and how the team practices on Fridays. “It’s more of a mental day,” Neal said. “Really just getting your mind sharp and prepared and focused for the game on Sunday.” Neal continued: “We’re not banging into each other as hard today. We’re still practicing but it’s not one of the days where you’re trying to make each other bleed. It’s not a bloodbath out there. It’s more of a mental preparation. We go through all the situations that we do each and every week.”
Asked what still bothered him about the Jets loss, Neal said, “I had a couple of plays I wish I could have had back. I was late off the ball one time and caused some pressure on third down. Each third down is super critical, especially in the second half. We’re putting that behind us and focusing on the Buffalo Bills.”
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Aaron Hernandez May Be Cleared in Double-Murder Trial Due to Deleted Text
- Robert Kraft Comments on Tom Brady's Super Bowl Jersey Being Returned
- President Donald Trump to Host Patriots at White House on April 19
- Darrelle Revis Reportedly Expected to Return to Patriots If He Plays Next...
- Biggest Needs New England Patriots Have Yet to Address This Offseason
- Super Bowl 49 Champion Bryan Stork Retires from NFL at 26 Years Old
- Tom Brady Super Bowl 51 Jersey Theft Timeline Revealed on Video