Stephen Neal on the Bills: ‘It’s always a battle’
|09.24.10 at 10:58 am ET|
Stephen Neal joined the Dale & Holley show for his weekly interview and talked about the loss to the Jets and Friday preparations.
First and foremost, however, is the Buffalo Bills. “They have a good team,” Neal said. “I don’t care what anybody says. They have a good powerful hard-working front. They have good linebackers and they got a great secondary. They’re a good challenge for us this week. We’re going to have to do everything right.”
Asked if it was hard for the team to block out their 13-game winning streak against the Bills, Neal said, “Last year, in the first game of the season, we were barely able to sneak one away from them. We’ve been in in some battles with them. I respect the Bills. I respect their coaching staff, all their players. It’s always a battle when we go in there or they come here. The past, I don’t even look at the past. It’s not that big of a deal.”
Neal also talked about the team’s preparations and how the team practices on Fridays. “It’s more of a mental day,” Neal said. “Really just getting your mind sharp and prepared and focused for the game on Sunday.” Neal continued: “We’re not banging into each other as hard today. We’re still practicing but it’s not one of the days where you’re trying to make each other bleed. It’s not a bloodbath out there. It’s more of a mental preparation. We go through all the situations that we do each and every week.”
Asked what still bothered him about the Jets loss, Neal said, “I had a couple of plays I wish I could have had back. I was late off the ball one time and caused some pressure on third down. Each third down is super critical, especially in the second half. We’re putting that behind us and focusing on the Buffalo Bills.”
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Alan Branch Wins Suspension Appeal: Latest Details and Reaction
- Can the New England Patriots Survive Another Rob Gronkowski Absence?
- Rob Gronkowski Injury Update: TE Reportedly Will Miss 8 Weeks with Back...
- Marcus Cannon, Patriots Agree to New Contract: Latest Details and...
- Tom Brady Became 5th QB in NFL History to Throw for at Least 60,000 Yards
- Patriots vs. Jets: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- Rob Gronkowski Injury: Updates on Patriots Star's Recovery from Back...