Sources: Pats’ DB Lockett arrested in Providence
|09.25.10 at 4:35 pm ET|
According to multiple sources within the Providence Police Department, Patriots defensive back Bret Lockett was arrested early Saturday morning and charged with disorderly and failure to move. Lockett was released a few hours later, and a source indicated he has a court date set for next month.
Lockett, a 23-year-old defensive back out of UCLA, was claimed off waivers by the Patriots on Sept. 7, 2009 and finished last season with seven tackles in 10 games before being placed on injured reserve on Dec. 9. He returned to the Patriots this year, but has been on injured reserve since Aug. 31 with a chest injury.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Updates on Patriots OT Sebastian Vollmer Injury
- Latest Updates on Tom Brady's Thumb Injury
- Malcolm Mitchell Injury: Updates on Patriots WR's Elbow
- Tom Brady Comments on Suspension, Decision to Drop Deflategate Appeal
- Latest Updates on Bryan Stork's Concussion
- Gronk Is Too Good to Be NFL's Highest-Paid TE
- Rob Gronkowski Contract: Latest News, Rumors on TE's Negotiations with...