Sources: Pats’ DB Lockett arrested in Providence
|09.25.10 at 4:35 pm ET|
According to multiple sources within the Providence Police Department, Patriots defensive back Bret Lockett was arrested early Saturday morning and charged with disorderly and failure to move. Lockett was released a few hours later, and a source indicated he has a court date set for next month.
Lockett, a 23-year-old defensive back out of UCLA, was claimed off waivers by the Patriots on Sept. 7, 2009 and finished last season with seven tackles in 10 games before being placed on injured reserve on Dec. 9. He returned to the Patriots this year, but has been on injured reserve since Aug. 31 with a chest injury.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Biggest Takeaways from Patriots' Week 11 Win
- Pats' 13th Straight Season With 10+ Wins
- Patriots vs. Broncos: Betting Odds, Analysis, NFL Pick
- Amendola, LaFell, White's Post-Week 11 Fantasy Advice
- Once Again, the Patriots Find a Way to Stay Perfect
- White Has Potential to Fill Patriots' 3rd-Down Role
- Latest on Danny Amendola's Knee Injury