Sources: Pats’ DB Lockett arrested in Providence
|09.25.10 at 4:35 pm ET|
According to multiple sources within the Providence Police Department, Patriots defensive back Bret Lockett was arrested early Saturday morning and charged with disorderly and failure to move. Lockett was released a few hours later, and a source indicated he has a court date set for next month.
Lockett, a 23-year-old defensive back out of UCLA, was claimed off waivers by the Patriots on Sept. 7, 2009 and finished last season with seven tackles in 10 games before being placed on injured reserve on Dec. 9. He returned to the Patriots this year, but has been on injured reserve since Aug. 31 with a chest injury.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Patriots vs. Rams: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- Tom Brady Passes Peyton Manning for Most Wins All-Time by a QB
- Danny Amendola Injury: Updates on Patriots WR's Ankle and Return
- Tom Brady Injury: Updates on Patriots QB's Knee and Return
- Alan Branch Wins Suspension Appeal: Latest Details and Reaction
- Can the New England Patriots Survive Another Rob Gronkowski Absence?
- Rob Gronkowski Injury Update: TE Reportedly Will Miss 8 Weeks with Back...