Randy Moss on Kevin Faulk: ‘That’s my boy’
|09.26.10 at 5:46 pm ET|
Speaking after the Patriots’ 38-30 win over the Bills Sunday at Gillette Stadium, Randy Moss spoke for the first time regarding his decision to wear injured teammate Kevin Faulk’s No. 33 during practice leading up to the Buffalo game.
“That’s my boy. I just wanted to put his jersey on just to represent him,” Moss said. “There wasn’t nothing behind it, really.”
Moss finished his day with two catches, both of which went for touchdowns. The wideout first caught a seven-yard TD throw from Tom Brady in the first quarter, and then hauled in a 35-yarder from Brady in the third quarter. He explained that despite some productive performances from newcomers to the Patriots’ offense — such as running back Danny Woodhead (3 carries, 42 yards, TD) — the Pats will face a stiff challenge going forward without Faulk, who is out for the season due to knee surgery.
“Any time you lose a player like Kevin Faulk you have to go back to the drawing board,” Moss said. “I’m not saying that because he’s a teammate of mine, I mean, I know he’s a hell of a ballplayer. Bringing Woody in ‘¦ I like Woody. He’s a little stub guy. A little short. He runs hard and has some nice cuts. I’m not disrespecting him, and I know it’s hard to replace Kevin Faulk, but hopefully he can come in and be Woodhead and not try and be Kevin. I think we like the things we saw out there ‘¦ We win as a team and we lose as a team. You always can hold your head up high when you win, and lower it when you lose. We’ll just go back to the drawing board and hopefully have a game-plan for the Miami Dolphins.”
For more coverage from the Patriots’ win see the team page at weei.com/patriots.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Roger Goodell to Attend Patriots Home Opener, 1st Foxboro Trip Since...
- Robert Kraft 'Would Love' for Darrelle Revis to Return to Patriots
- Ideal Second-Round Fits for New England Patriots in 2017 NFL Draft
- Robert Kraft Discusses Restricted Free-Agent Malcolm Butler's Contract...
- Tom Brady Told Robert Kraft He'd Like to Play 6-7 More NFL Seasons
- Aaron Hernandez May Be Cleared in Double-Murder Trial Due to Deleted Text
- Robert Kraft Comments on Tom Brady's Super Bowl Jersey Being Returned