Randy Moss on Kevin Faulk: ‘That’s my boy’
|09.26.10 at 5:46 pm ET|
Speaking after the Patriots’ 38-30 win over the Bills Sunday at Gillette Stadium, Randy Moss spoke for the first time regarding his decision to wear injured teammate Kevin Faulk’s No. 33 during practice leading up to the Buffalo game.
“That’s my boy. I just wanted to put his jersey on just to represent him,” Moss said. “There wasn’t nothing behind it, really.”
Moss finished his day with two catches, both of which went for touchdowns. The wideout first caught a seven-yard TD throw from Tom Brady in the first quarter, and then hauled in a 35-yarder from Brady in the third quarter. He explained that despite some productive performances from newcomers to the Patriots’ offense — such as running back Danny Woodhead (3 carries, 42 yards, TD) — the Pats will face a stiff challenge going forward without Faulk, who is out for the season due to knee surgery.
“Any time you lose a player like Kevin Faulk you have to go back to the drawing board,” Moss said. “I’m not saying that because he’s a teammate of mine, I mean, I know he’s a hell of a ballplayer. Bringing Woody in ‘¦ I like Woody. He’s a little stub guy. A little short. He runs hard and has some nice cuts. I’m not disrespecting him, and I know it’s hard to replace Kevin Faulk, but hopefully he can come in and be Woodhead and not try and be Kevin. I think we like the things we saw out there ‘¦ We win as a team and we lose as a team. You always can hold your head up high when you win, and lower it when you lose. We’ll just go back to the drawing board and hopefully have a game-plan for the Miami Dolphins.”
For more coverage from the Patriots’ win see the team page at weei.com/patriots.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Jacoby Brissett Injury: Updates on Patriots QB's Thumb and Return
- Jacoby Brissett, QBs Making Their First Career Start Under Belichick Are...
- Shorthanded Patriots Send Emphatic Message That They Are Team to Beat in...
- Patriots vs. Texans: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- Jacoby Brissett, Julian Edelman, LeGarrette Blount Post-Week 3 Fantasy...
- Despite Injuries, Patriots Already September's Biggest Winners in the NFL
- Houston Texans vs. New England Patriots Betting Odds, Analysis, NFL Pick