Harrison, King refute report of fight between Brady and Moss
|10.10.10 at 11:10 pm ET|
On Sunday’s ‘Football Night in America,’ Peter King of Sports Illustrated and NBC analyst Rodney Harrison both directly refuted the report that there was an altercation between Patriots quarterback Tom Brady and wide receiver Randy Moss.
The report in question, delivered by former NFL GM and current CBS analyst Charley Casserly, detailed an incident between the two in the days before Moss was traded to the Vikings.
‘The week before Moss was traded, Tom Brady and Randy Moss went toe-to-toe and had to be separated,’ Casserly said on the CBS pregame show. ‘One of Brady’s problems with Moss was his behavior as a Patriot. One of the things overheard was Brady telling Moss, ‘You’ve got to cut your beard.’ And Moss counters, ‘You’ve got to get your hair cut. You look like a girl.’’
However, both King and Harrison roundly dismissed the report,
‘I have two very highly-placed sources in the Patriots organization tell me this afternoon that the story is not true,’ King said. ‘In fact, one of them said to me, ‘Someone is lying to CBS.’’
‘You think Tom Brady is going to get in anybody’s face? You’re talking about Tom Brady,’ said Harrison, a former teammate of both Brady and Moss. ‘I don’t think it happened and if it happened, the information wouldn’t get outside that locker room.’
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Donald Trump Addresses Robert Kraft, Tom Brady at Campaign Donors Dinner
- Patriots' No-Name Defense Has Started Making a Name for Itself
- Josh McDaniels to Return as Patriots OC: Latest Comments and Reaction
- Patriots Picked Perfect Time to Play Imperfect Football in Win over...
- Dion Lewis vs. Texans: Stats, Highlights and Reaction
- Patriots vs. Texans: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- In Better Shape Than Ever at Age 39: Here's How Tom Brady Does It