Harrison, King refute report of fight between Brady and Moss
|10.10.10 at 11:10 pm ET|
On Sunday’s ‘Football Night in America,’ Peter King of Sports Illustrated and NBC analyst Rodney Harrison both directly refuted the report that there was an altercation between Patriots quarterback Tom Brady and wide receiver Randy Moss.
The report in question, delivered by former NFL GM and current CBS analyst Charley Casserly, detailed an incident between the two in the days before Moss was traded to the Vikings.
‘The week before Moss was traded, Tom Brady and Randy Moss went toe-to-toe and had to be separated,’ Casserly said on the CBS pregame show. ‘One of Brady’s problems with Moss was his behavior as a Patriot. One of the things overheard was Brady telling Moss, ‘You’ve got to cut your beard.’ And Moss counters, ‘You’ve got to get your hair cut. You look like a girl.’’
However, both King and Harrison roundly dismissed the report,
‘I have two very highly-placed sources in the Patriots organization tell me this afternoon that the story is not true,’ King said. ‘In fact, one of them said to me, ‘Someone is lying to CBS.’’
‘You think Tom Brady is going to get in anybody’s face? You’re talking about Tom Brady,’ said Harrison, a former teammate of both Brady and Moss. ‘I don’t think it happened and if it happened, the information wouldn’t get outside that locker room.’
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Updates on Patriots OT Sebastian Vollmer Injury
- Latest Updates on Tom Brady's Thumb Injury
- Malcolm Mitchell Injury: Updates on Patriots WR's Elbow
- Tom Brady Comments on Suspension, Decision to Drop Deflategate Appeal
- Latest Updates on Bryan Stork's Concussion
- Gronk Is Too Good to Be NFL's Highest-Paid TE
- Rob Gronkowski Contract: Latest News, Rumors on TE's Negotiations with...