Report: Tom Brady, Randy Moss were in altercation
|10.10.10 at 1:00 pm ET|
Former NFL GM and current CBS pregame analyst Charley Casserly reported Sunday that Tom Brady and Randy Moss “had to be separated” in the locker room following an altercation a week before the wideout was dealt to the Minnesota Vikings.
“The week before Moss was traded, Tom Brady and Randy Moss went toe-to-toe and had to be separated,” Casserly told Greg Gumbel. “One of Brady’s problems with Moss was his behavior as a Patriot. One of the things overheard was Brady telling Moss, ‘You’ve got to cut your beard.’ And Moss counters, ‘You’ve got to get your hair cut. You look like a girl.”
Brady commented on Moss and the trade in an interview on “Patriots All Access” last week.
“Randy really knows how I feel about him,’ Brady said. “I love him as a guy, as a person, as a player. He did a lot of great things for this team. At the same time, I think coach (Bill) Belichick feels that’s what he thinks he needs to do for the team. So we as players, we deal with it and we move on. I think I’ve been around long enough to realize that nothing really surprises me. The best thing for me to do is to be the best quarterback that I can be for the team.”
There is some history between Casserly and Belichick. Casserly reported on January 3, 2010 that Brady was playing with three broken ribs. The Patriots head coach was asked about the accuracy of the report the following day on The Big Show.
“Who’s been wrong more than Charley Casserly since he left the Redskins? His percentage is like a meteorologist,” Belichick said. “He has no relationship to this team. I’d say less than zero. Based on what? He’s never at a practice, never at a game’¦ At least he put his name on it which is more than a lot of guys. But, like he usually is, he was 100 percent wrong.”
For more Patriots news visit the team page at weei.com/patriots.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Rob Gronkowski Says He Hopes Martellus Bennett 'Breaks the Bank' in Free...
- Rob Gronkowski Comments on Roger Goodell, Future in Football, More
- Best and Worst Moves New England Patriots Can Make This Offseason
- Bill Belichick Named Potential Witness in Aaron Hernandez's Double-Murder...
- Mike Freeman's 10-Point Stance: Patriots' Big Trade Bait, NFL's Athletic...
- Martellus Bennett Reportedly to Test Free Agency, Patriots Exit Possible
- Tom Brady's Missing Super Bowl 51 Jersey Valued at $500,000 in Police...