Boomer Esiason on D&C: Randy Moss trade makes sense
|10.11.10 at 8:32 am ET|
“[Casserly] has been accurate almost every single time,” Esiason said. “I don’t remember a time where he was inaccurate. ‘¦ Charlie does not go in front of millions of people on Sunday and make a fool out of himself unless he has something on lockdown. I would stake my own reputation on it.”
Esiason said he knew from his Patriots sources that “there was a short fuse when it came to Randy Moss.” Combined with the financial ramification for this year and beyond, and Bill Belichick‘s aggressiveness in dealing with such situations, the Moss trade “makes complete, 100 percent sense to me,” the former NFL quarterback said.
As for what he expects from Moss in the Monday night game vs. the Jets, Esiason said: “Five or six go patterns down the field. ‘¦ I expect him to be motivated. He’s looking for a new contract.”
Esiason said he can’t understand why Jets cornerback Darrelle Revis and others made public comments critical of Moss after the trade: “Why in the hell do you want to incentivize Randy Moss in any way, shape or form?”
Looking at the Brett Favre sexual harassment situation, Esiason said: “I guess the word is disgusted, and can’t believe Brett Favre would put himself in a situation like this.”
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Josh McDaniels to Return as Patriots OC: Latest Comments and Reaction
- Patriots Picked Perfect Time to Play Imperfect Football in Win over...
- Dion Lewis vs. Texans: Stats, Highlights and Reaction
- Patriots vs. Texans: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- In Better Shape Than Ever at Age 39: Here's How Tom Brady Does It
- NFL1000: Why New England's Defense Can Carry Belichick to Another Super...
- Patriots vs. Dolphins: Full Report Card Grades for New England