Danny Woodhead on D&H: ‘Everyone wants to win so badly’
|10.18.10 at 12:52 pm ET|
The Jets castoff said he wasn’t sure what to expect when he was signed by New England before Week 2, but he didn’t think it would be only to help the Patriots learn more about New York’s offense.
“I was thinking it was a great opportunity,” he said. “I’m going to go in and work hard just like I’ve worked every single day of my professional career.”
Asked how he was able to pick up the offense so quickly, he said: “Coming to work and working. It does come down to working. I’ve been able to pick things up, and I’m very thankful for that. But it does come down to working. I mean, it is my job. I take it very seriously. Whether it’s a week or three weeks to get to learn a playbook, I feel like that’s something I need to do. I need to know that playbook, because if I do get an opportunity that first week, I need to be ready in case my number is called.”
Woodhead said despite the Jets-Patriots rivalry, the transition was easy. “Yeah, the Patriots were a rival when I was with the New York Jets, but you can quickly change hats when you get picked up by the other team,” he said. “The thing I’ve really enjoyed seeing about this team is the commitment to winning. Everyone wants to win so badly, and I think it shows in the effort, in the preparation and everything that comes with it, week in and week out.”
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Rob Gronkowski Keeps Rolling as the Patriots' Offensive Pillar
- Patriots vs. Steelers: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- NFL Power Rankings: Breaking Down Sunday's Action Ahead of Week 7
- Patriots vs. Bengals: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- Rob Gronkowski Illness: Updates on Patriots TE's Status and Return
- Tom Brady Elects Not to Comment When Asked About Donald Trump's Leaked...
- Cincinnati Bengals vs. New England Patriots Betting Odds, Analysis, NFL...