Stephen Neal on D&H: ‘It’s a rough sport’
|10.22.10 at 10:32 am ET|
Patriots offensive lineman Stephen Neal made his weekly Patriots Friday appearance on Dale & Holley to talk about the team’s game against the Chargers on Sunday in San Diego. To hear the interview, go to the Dale & Holley audio on demand page.
The Chargers have been a different team in San Diego as compared to when they play on the road.
“It’s kind of strange how you have the home team, and they get out there, and they get after it, fast-starting team,” Neal said. “And then you get the road team, and they just haven’t played as well on the road. Unfortunately, we’ve got to play them at [their] home this week. You’ve just to execute against them and hopefully do all the right stuff, and hopefully you’ll come out and get in front of them and play from ahead and do pretty well.”
Neal said he has not yet watched the league’s instructional video on avoiding hits to the head. As an offensive lineman, he’s less likely to be involved in such plays. “I’m not exactly sure how that rule is,” he said. “I’ve never tried to hit someone in their helmet, because you hit someone in their helmet, you’re probably going to get a concussion, too. I just try to go and make the block as best you can.”
Neal indicated that he empathizes with players who are trying to be physical but are being penalized for their overaggressiveness. “It’s a rough sport,” he said. “I guess [league officials] are trying to do whatever they can for the safety of the players. I can understand that.”
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Aaron Hernandez May Be Cleared in Double-Murder Trial Due to Deleted Text
- Robert Kraft Comments on Tom Brady's Super Bowl Jersey Being Returned
- President Donald Trump to Host Patriots at White House on April 19
- Darrelle Revis Reportedly Expected to Return to Patriots If He Plays Next...
- Biggest Needs New England Patriots Have Yet to Address This Offseason
- Super Bowl 49 Champion Bryan Stork Retires from NFL at 26 Years Old
- Tom Brady Super Bowl 51 Jersey Theft Timeline Revealed on Video