Brad Childress: Randy Moss has already delivered intel on Patriots
|10.27.10 at 7:38 pm ET|
The possible impact of Randy Moss on the Vikings has been discussed plenty in recent days, but no matter what he does on the field Sunday, he’s already had a chance to help the Vikings offense and defense prepare for their game with the Patriots. According to coach Brad Childress, Moss spent his off-day huddling with both offensive and defensive in hopes of getting them up to speed on New England.
‘He’s very articulate,’ Childress said of Moss. ‘He spent time with our coaches [Tuesday] and did a great job with both our offense and defensive coaches.’
Childress said he did ‘a good job’ when it comes to providing background on the Patriots.
‘You never know what you’re going to get and how they have to play him,’ Childress said. ‘He at least had some insightfulness on both sides.’
Patriots quarterback Tom Brady understands that the Vikings’ coaching staff will pump Moss for info, but said that sort of background from a former player can occasionally backfire.
‘Sure, he can probably tell them the plays,’ Brady said. ‘He knows the signals and stuff, but that’s why you have to change them. Hopefully he tells them one thing, then you fake it and they’re guessing and maybe they guess wrong. Who knows?’
In the same way Moss has provided the Vikings with some of New England’s tendencies, the Patriots’ defensive backs have an intimate knowledge of what Moss can and cannot do because they went against him in practice for three-plus seasons while the receiver was in New England
‘I mean, Randy, he’s a heck of deep threat, if not one of the best in the game or ever to do it,’ said cornerback Kyle Arrington. ‘So we’re aware of that and we’re going to let the front seven do their job and as a secondary we’re going to do our job.’
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Rob Gronkowski Comments on Roger Goodell, Future in Football, More
- Best and Worst Moves New England Patriots Can Make This Offseason
- Bill Belichick Named Potential Witness in Aaron Hernandez's Double-Murder...
- Mike Freeman's 10-Point Stance: Patriots' Big Trade Bait, NFL's Athletic...
- Martellus Bennett Reportedly to Test Free Agency, Patriots Exit Possible
- Tom Brady's Missing Super Bowl 51 Jersey Valued at $500,000 in Police...
- 10 NFL Combine Participants New England Patriots Fans Should Know