Jerod Mayo on D&C: Randy Moss ‘very hospitable to the staff here’
|11.05.10 at 7:22 am ET|
Patriots linebacker Jerod Mayo made his weekly appearance on the Dennis & Callahan show Friday morning as part of WEEI’s Patriots Friday. To hear the interview, go to the Dennis & Callahan audio on demand page.
“We haven’t really talked about Eric Mangini at all, to be honest with you,” Mayo said. “It’s just about how they beat the Saints, how they’re a good team, how they have a great running attack. We need to go out and win this game.”
Added Mayo: “The theme of the week is: Six games won’t get you anywhere. That’s our attitude, and we’re fighting to keep winning.”
The Cleveland attack is led by running back Peyton Hillis. “He’s big guy, strong runner, and it will be a great challenge for me,” Mayo said. Mayo added that Hillis weighs 250 pounds, while the linebacker checks in at 248. “I’m trying to get up to 250 now, make it an even contest,” Mayo said.
With Randy Moss coming under heavy criticism for his poor treatment of Vikings caterers prior to his release by Minnesota, Mayo was asked if he ever saw similar behavior from the receiver in Foxboro. “I never did,” Mayo said. “That kind of surprised me when I heard about it. He was always a great guy and very hospitable to the staff here.”
Mayo also talked about Moss’ postgame comments Sunday praising New England. “Randy as well and organization formed a great relationship,” Mayo said. “Any time you leave on terms like that, it’s very tough. Getting those compliments from a guy like Randy means a lot to the team.”
Asked how he would feel if a Patriots player praised his former team in the same way, Mayo replied: “I would feel kind of bad, to be honest with you. But at the same time, he’s a grown man. He makes those decisions. As long as he’s playing on the field, then we can’t say anything about it.”
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Martellus Bennett Reportedly to Test Free Agency, Patriots Exit Possible
- Tom Brady's Missing Super Bowl 51 Jersey Valued at $500,000 in Police...
- 10 NFL Combine Participants New England Patriots Fans Should Know
- Devin McCourty Comments on Decision to Skip White House Visit with Donald...
- Former Patriots, Miami CB Leonard Myers Dies at Age 38
- Tom Brady, Patriots Reportedly Have Mutual Interest in New Contract
- Jimmy Garoppolo Reportedly May Remain with Patriots Despite Trade Rumors