Tom Brady on D&C: ‘We knew we were in for a dogfight’
|11.08.10 at 7:03 am ET|
Patriots quarterback Tom Brady checked in with the Dennis & Callahan show Monday Morning for his weekly chat as part of WEEI’s Patriots Monday. To hear the interview, go to the Dennis & Callahan audio on demand page.
Brady said the Pats did not take the Browns lightly before Cleveland rolled to a 34-14 victory Sunday.
“Believe me, we knew we were in for a dogfight,” he said, adding: “We were prepared. We were forewarned 50 times last week. We’ve got to take the coaching better, and get back to playing the way we need to play.”
Added Brady: “I wouldn’t say we played tough, smart or physical yesterday. Those are our strengths, and we didn’t play to those.”
Asked about the late-game celebration by the Browns coaches who are former Patriots assistants, Brady said, “It’s just their personality,” and if the Pats didn’t like it, they should have played better to prevent it. “When you play well, you can do whatever you want, as far as I’m concerned,” he said, adding, “They deserve it. They won.”
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Pats' 13th Straight Season With 10+ Wins
- Patriots vs. Broncos: Betting Odds, Analysis, NFL Pick
- Amendola, LaFell, White's Post-Week 11 Fantasy Advice
- Once Again, the Patriots Find a Way to Stay Perfect
- White Has Potential to Fill Patriots' 3rd-Down Role
- Latest on Danny Amendola's Knee Injury
- Pats' 'Next Man Up' Philosophy Faces Tough Challenge