Jerod Mayo knows ‘best medicine’ for these Patriots
|11.11.10 at 2:49 pm ET|
FOXBORO — Patriots linebacker Jerod Mayo said there’s only one thing that will fix what’s ailing the Patriots – a big road win. Tom Brady said coach Bill Belichick was tough on the team this week in film study, a point that Mayo supported on Thursday. But Mayo believes the best thing for the team in their effort to put the 34-14 loss in Cleveland behind them is a win in Pittsburgh against another 6-2 team.
“I think the best medicine for this team is to go on the road and have a big win against Pittsburgh,” Mayo said. “We’re kind of down this week but at the same time, Coach Belichick has done a good job picking up our spirits, telling us we’re a good team.”
Asked how hard it’s been to put last Sunday in the past, Mayo said he and the team have already moved on.
“I’m on the Steelers, ask me a Steelers question,” Mayo added. “That Browns game, I’m trying to get it out of my head.” The Patriots returned to the practice field on Thursday in preparation for the Pittsburgh Steelers.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Brady's Struggles Not a Major Concern
- What We've Learned Through Week 2 of Pats Preseason
- Previewing Patriots' Preseason Week 3 Matchup
- Patriots Preseason Week 2 Stock Report
- Report: Edelman's Wk 1 Status Uncertain
- Is Signing Wayne a Smart Move for Pats?
- NFL Files Letter in Response to Brady's Case Examples