Jerod Mayo knows ‘best medicine’ for these Patriots
|11.11.10 at 2:49 pm ET|
FOXBORO — Patriots linebacker Jerod Mayo said there’s only one thing that will fix what’s ailing the Patriots – a big road win. Tom Brady said coach Bill Belichick was tough on the team this week in film study, a point that Mayo supported on Thursday. But Mayo believes the best thing for the team in their effort to put the 34-14 loss in Cleveland behind them is a win in Pittsburgh against another 6-2 team.
“I think the best medicine for this team is to go on the road and have a big win against Pittsburgh,” Mayo said. “We’re kind of down this week but at the same time, Coach Belichick has done a good job picking up our spirits, telling us we’re a good team.”
Asked how hard it’s been to put last Sunday in the past, Mayo said he and the team have already moved on.
“I’m on the Steelers, ask me a Steelers question,” Mayo added. “That Browns game, I’m trying to get it out of my head.” The Patriots returned to the practice field on Thursday in preparation for the Pittsburgh Steelers.
2016 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2016 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- What Are Explanations for Patriots' Failure to Address Hole at RB?
- Patriots: Way-Too-Early 53-Man Roster and Depth Chart Predictions
- Kraft Comments on Brady's Deflategate Suspension Being Upheld
- Patriots Mock Draft and Big Board: Updated Day 3 Predictions
- Patriots Mock Draft and Big Board: Updated Day 2 Predictions
- Patriots Draft Picks: Results, Analysis and Grades
- Why the 1st Round of the 2016 NFL Draft Still Matters to Patriots