Jerod Mayo on D&C: ‘We never will accept losing around here’
|11.12.10 at 7:13 am ET|
Mayo talked about last Sunday’s disappointing loss to the Browns. “First and foremost, it was just energy,” he said. “We came out a little flat.”
Mayo said Bill Belichick has not been a pleasant person this week, his usual persona after a loss. “We never will accept losing around here,” Mayo said. “Ever since I was drafted to New England, it’s been that way. It’s a bad feeling when you come around here after a loss.”
However, Mayo said there is a silver lining to the loss, as the team has studied film of the game and been able to identify and work on correcting its problems, especially with technique. “It’s worth losing if you can learn a lot, and I think we did,” he said.
Looking ahead to this Sunday’s game, Mayo knows the Patriots will be in for a challenge against the Steelers but won’t let the loss in Cleveland affect their confidence. “Before last week, we were taking some steps in the right direction, especially with our run defense and things like that,” he said. “Pittsburgh’s a run-first team. So, I think if we get back to the basics and stop the run, we’ll have a good chance of winning the game. Pittsburgh has struggled a little bit in close games. I think if we keep it close, then we’ll have a good chance.”
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Danny Amendola Injury: Updates on Patriots Star's Ankle and Return
- Martellus Bennett Injury: Updates on Patriots TE's Knee, Ankle and Return
- Donald Trump Addresses Robert Kraft, Tom Brady at Campaign Donors Dinner
- Patriots' No-Name Defense Has Started Making a Name for Itself
- Josh McDaniels to Return as Patriots OC: Latest Comments and Reaction
- Patriots Picked Perfect Time to Play Imperfect Football in Win over...
- Dion Lewis vs. Texans: Stats, Highlights and Reaction