Jerod Mayo on D&C: ‘We never will accept losing around here’
|11.12.10 at 7:13 am ET|
Mayo talked about last Sunday’s disappointing loss to the Browns. “First and foremost, it was just energy,” he said. “We came out a little flat.”
Mayo said Bill Belichick has not been a pleasant person this week, his usual persona after a loss. “We never will accept losing around here,” Mayo said. “Ever since I was drafted to New England, it’s been that way. It’s a bad feeling when you come around here after a loss.”
However, Mayo said there is a silver lining to the loss, as the team has studied film of the game and been able to identify and work on correcting its problems, especially with technique. “It’s worth losing if you can learn a lot, and I think we did,” he said.
Looking ahead to this Sunday’s game, Mayo knows the Patriots will be in for a challenge against the Steelers but won’t let the loss in Cleveland affect their confidence. “Before last week, we were taking some steps in the right direction, especially with our run defense and things like that,” he said. “Pittsburgh’s a run-first team. So, I think if we get back to the basics and stop the run, we’ll have a good chance of winning the game. Pittsburgh has struggled a little bit in close games. I think if we keep it close, then we’ll have a good chance.”
2016 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2016 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Patriots Mock Draft and Big Board: Updated Day 2 Predictions
- Patriots Draft Picks: Results, Analysis and Grades
- Why the 1st Round of the 2016 NFL Draft Still Matters to Patriots
- Patriots Last-Minute 7-Round Mock Draft and Top-100 Big Board
- What Are the Patriots' Long-Term Needs?
- Patriots Draft Guide and Preview
- Super Bowl LI Odds: Brady Suspension Equals Uncertainty for Pats