Stephen Neal on D&H: Logan Mankins ‘built differently from most people’
|11.12.10 at 10:56 am ET|
After missing last week’s appearance due to an extended practice session, Patriots offensive lineman Stephen Neal returned for his weekly appearance on the Dale & Holley show Friday morning as part of WEEI’s Patriots Friday. To hear the interview, go to the Dale & Holley audio on demand page.
Neal said he didn’t want to harp on last Sunday’s loss to the Browns. “Each week’s a challenge,” he said. “Since that challenge is over, you keep looking back there, you’re not going to be ready for the next challenge,, which is this week in Pittsburgh, and that’s a very good challenge. So, whatever happened last week, last week’s over. It’s time to move on.”
Looking at Sunday night’s showdown with the Steelers, Neal expects a memorable evening. “It’s going to be a war on Sunday night, man,” he said. “I tell you, it’s going to be a great place to be on Sunday night. It’s going to be some good football being played, some tough football. It should be exciting for the fans.”
Neal was complimentary of the Pittsburgh defense. “They really tighten everything down and play great technique,” he said. “It’s a very solid style of defense. You’ve just got to go out there and stand up to them, and hopefully, we’ll be up to the challenge.”
Added Neal: “You have two teams that don’t want to give [any ground]. It’s going to be pretty physical out there. It’s going to be a war.”
Fellow offensive lineman Logan Mankins jumped right back into a starting role despite only practicing for days after ending his holdout. Neal said it speaks to what kind of player he is, noting that he can’t remember Mankins ever missing any practices, let alone games. “He’s a very unusual person,” Neal said. “He’s a tough, hard-working guy. He’s built differently from most people. He’s a cowboy, you know. He’s a very special person, and it’s a pleasure to have him back on the team.”
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Rob Gronkowski Says He Hopes Martellus Bennett 'Breaks the Bank' in Free...
- Rob Gronkowski Comments on Roger Goodell, Future in Football, More
- Best and Worst Moves New England Patriots Can Make This Offseason
- Bill Belichick Named Potential Witness in Aaron Hernandez's Double-Murder...
- Mike Freeman's 10-Point Stance: Patriots' Big Trade Bait, NFL's Athletic...
- Martellus Bennett Reportedly to Test Free Agency, Patriots Exit Possible
- Tom Brady's Missing Super Bowl 51 Jersey Valued at $500,000 in Police...