Patriots release linebacker Shawn Crable
|11.16.10 at 6:07 pm ET|
The Patriots announced Tuesday evening they have released linebacker Shawn Crable. The Michigan product, a third-round pick of New England back in 2008, played in six games in 2010 and registered four total tackles, a half a sack and one special teams tackle. The 6-foot-5, 250-pound Crable was inactive for the first eight games of the 2008 season before finishing the year on injured reserve. He spent the entire 2009 season on injured reserve, and was released by the Patriots on July 28 and signed to the practice squad on September 6. He was signed from the practice squad to the 53-man roster on Sept. 25.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Early Predictions for Pats Camp Battles
- Grading Patriots' Most Improved Positional Units
- Patriots Players Poised for a Breakout Campaign
- NFLPA Asks Goodell to Recuse Himself from Appeal
- Patriots Won't Appeal Team Penalties
- Who'll Win Patriots' Guard Battles?
- Bringing Back Spikes Gives Pats Needed LB Depth