Holmes: No rookie can stop me
|12.02.10 at 3:31 pm ET|
“If I could really speak my mind I would,” said Holmes. “But off the strength of me being a professional I’ll just say that I don’t worry about those guys. We have to worry about what we do here; I don’t care who they line up on the other side of the ball. It’s our job to get the job done.”
When asked if he thought any rookie could stop him, Holmes paused for a second before smiling and shaking his head.
“Negative,” said Holmes, who did not play in the Jets’ Week 2 win over the Patriots due to a four-game suspension for substance abuse. “That was proven in the Super Bowl two years ago when they had a rookie follow me around the whole game. I wouldn’t do it if I was them.”
In that Super Bowl XLIII matchup between the Steelers and Cardinals, rookie cornerback Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie was repeatedly beat by Holmes, who finished with nine catches for 131 yards and the game-winning TD to capture MVP honors.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Brady's Struggles Not a Major Concern
- What We've Learned Through Week 2 of Pats Preseason
- Previewing Patriots' Preseason Week 3 Matchup
- Patriots Preseason Week 2 Stock Report
- Report: Edelman's Wk 1 Status Uncertain
- Is Signing Wayne a Smart Move for Pats?
- NFL Files Letter in Response to Brady's Case Examples