Kyle Arrington on D&H: ‘I’m 1-for-1′ after pick-six
|12.20.10 at 12:56 pm ET|
Defensive back Kyle Arrington checked in with the Dale & Holley show Monday from Gillette Stadium to talk about his interception in Sunday night’s 31-27 victory over the Packers. To hear the interview, go to the Dale & Holley audio on demand page.
Arrington grabbed a pass from Matt Flynn that was intended for receiver James Jones early in the second half. The cornerback broke four tackles during an impressive 33-yard return for a touchdown that put the Pats ahead 21-17. “It’s one of those things where I don’t get a lot of time to showcase my terrific running back skills,” he said with a laugh. “I just said, you know what, as soon as I get the ball in my hands, I get an opportunity, I just try to maximize on it. I just tried to keep the legs moving, and it worked out in my favor.”
It was the first career interception for Arrington, who is in his second season as a Patriot after spending time on the Eagles and Buccaneers practice squads, and his first career touchdown. “What more could you ask for?” he said. “It’s definitely a blessing. I’m extremely grateful. I’m 1-for-1. Hopefully, I’ll keep it going.”
Asked about teammate Dan Connolly‘s 71-yard kickoff return, Arrington said he was impressed with the offensive lineman’s moves. “A guy that size, for him to be running away from people my size, you don’t see that every day,” he said. “You’ve got to take your hat off to him.”
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Updates on Patriots OT Sebastian Vollmer Injury
- Latest Updates on Tom Brady's Thumb Injury
- Malcolm Mitchell Injury: Updates on Patriots WR's Elbow
- Tom Brady Comments on Suspension, Decision to Drop Deflategate Appeal
- Latest Updates on Bryan Stork's Concussion
- Gronk Is Too Good to Be NFL's Highest-Paid TE
- Rob Gronkowski Contract: Latest News, Rumors on TE's Negotiations with...