Kyle Arrington on D&H: ‘I’m 1-for-1′ after pick-six
|12.20.10 at 12:56 pm ET|
Defensive back Kyle Arrington checked in with the Dale & Holley show Monday from Gillette Stadium to talk about his interception in Sunday night’s 31-27 victory over the Packers. To hear the interview, go to the Dale & Holley audio on demand page.
Arrington grabbed a pass from Matt Flynn that was intended for receiver James Jones early in the second half. The cornerback broke four tackles during an impressive 33-yard return for a touchdown that put the Pats ahead 21-17. “It’s one of those things where I don’t get a lot of time to showcase my terrific running back skills,” he said with a laugh. “I just said, you know what, as soon as I get the ball in my hands, I get an opportunity, I just try to maximize on it. I just tried to keep the legs moving, and it worked out in my favor.”
It was the first career interception for Arrington, who is in his second season as a Patriot after spending time on the Eagles and Buccaneers practice squads, and his first career touchdown. “What more could you ask for?” he said. “It’s definitely a blessing. I’m extremely grateful. I’m 1-for-1. Hopefully, I’ll keep it going.”
Asked about teammate Dan Connolly‘s 71-yard kickoff return, Arrington said he was impressed with the offensive lineman’s moves. “A guy that size, for him to be running away from people my size, you don’t see that every day,” he said. “You’ve got to take your hat off to him.”
2017 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2017 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Mike Gillislee's Patriots Contract Offer Sheet Declined by Bills
- Malcolm Butler Reportedly 'Highly Unlikely' to Be Traded Despite Saints...
- Patriots Schedule 2017-18: Game-by-Game Predictions for the Entire Season
- 2017 New England Patriots Schedule: Full Listing of Dates, Times and TV...
- Chiefs vs. Patriots to Open 2017 NFL Regular Season Schedule in...
- Patriots Favored in Updated Super Bowl 52 Odds Ahead of 2017 NFL Draft
- After Aaron Hernandez Suicide, Victim's Family Speaks: 'I Just Started...