Tully Banta-Cain on D&H: Key penalty wasn’t a concern
|12.20.10 at 2:23 pm ET|
Patriots linebacker Tully Banta-Cain stopped by for a visit with the Dale & Holley show Monday afternoon at Gillette Stadium as part of WEEI’s Patriots Monday. To hear the interview, including Banta-Cain talking about his fledgling music and clothing careers, go to the Dale & Holley audio on demand page.
Banta-Cain was called for having his hands on the facemask of Packers offensive lineman Bryan Bulaga while rushing the passer with 3:30 remaining in Sunday night’s game. While the 15-yard penalty nullified a Patriots interception, Banta-Cain said he didn’t let it bother him. “I kept a positive attitude and I really wasn’t thinking of what the outcome would be had we lost and that had been the reason why,” he said.
Banta-Cain ended up clinching the win by sacking quarterback Matt Flynn and forcing a fumble on the game’s final play. “We did what we had to do,” he said.
Another huge play was Dan Connolly‘s 71-yard interception return in the second quarter. Said Banta-Cain: “What a play, man. That’s the play of the game definitely.”
Added Banta-Cain: “We were sitting on the bench, they had just scored, and we were thinking like, ‘Wow, two scores now we’re down, we’re going into the half.’ As soon as I saw him break in the open field, I got up off the bench and was rooting him all the way down the sideline. So, that was definitely a huge emotional shift for us.”
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Josh McDaniels to Return as Patriots OC: Latest Comments and Reaction
- Patriots Picked Perfect Time to Play Imperfect Football in Win over...
- Dion Lewis vs. Texans: Stats, Highlights and Reaction
- Patriots vs. Texans: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- In Better Shape Than Ever at Age 39: Here's How Tom Brady Does It
- NFL1000: Why New England's Defense Can Carry Belichick to Another Super...
- Patriots vs. Dolphins: Full Report Card Grades for New England