Terrell Suggs may have just lit a fire under Tom Brady
|12.22.10 at 12:46 pm ET|
FOXBORO — It would make for great playoff theater. Baltimore against New England. Not because it would be a rematch of last January’s playoff match. Not because it would be a replay of October’s thrilling Patriots comeback, won by the Patriots, 23-20, in overtime.
Brady may be having one of his best seasons ever but that’s not good enough to even land a spot on one AFC player’s Pro Bowl ballot. Suggs – Baltimore’s perennial Pro Bowl linebacker – told Yahoo’s Michael Silver he voted for Peyton Manning, Phillip Rivers and Ryan Fitzpatrick but not Brady for the game to be played Jan. 30 in Hawaii.
Brady and Suggs have a past of exchanging shots at one another. The two have had big battles in the last year, including the playoffs last January when the Ravens won, 33-14, and on Oct. 17, when the Patriots prevailed in overtime, 23-20. It was after the game in October that Suggs made fun of Brady’s supermodel wife, Gisele Bundchen, and Brady replied, “They talk a lot for only beating us once in nine years.”
Asked if he was forgetting about Brady’s prolific season in omitting the Patriots quarterback, Suggs replied, “I’m pretty sure he didn’t vote for me either.”
As an aside, fans not only voted for Brady, he was the top Pro Bowl vote-getter at any position with 1,877,079 votes. Brady was followed by Michael Vick, Peyton Manning, Philip Rivers, Drew Brees, Adrian Peterson and Aaron Rodgers in results released by the NFL.
2016 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2016 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Updates on Patriots Star Danny Amendola's Injuries
- Why Collins Is Patriots' Most Important 2017 Free Agent
- Biggest Issues the Patriots Will Face in 2016 Season
- Super Bowl Odds: Patriots Betting Favorites Despite Brady Suspension
- Position Battles to Watch in Patriots Training Camp
- Does Brissett Have a Chance to Be Patriots Week 1 Starter?
- Brady Is Under Too Much Pressure, and It Could Crush Pats Dynasty