Tom Brady has nothing but love for Terrell Suggs
|12.24.10 at 11:07 am ET|
FOXBORO — Tom Brady was back in the building on Friday, ready for a second straight day of practice after battling the effects of a mild flu bug. He was also in the Christmas spirit when asked about his reaction to Baltimore linebacker Terrell Suggs leaving him off his Pro Bowl ballot earlier this week.
“No reaction,” Brady said. “I think he is a great player, he really is. I didn’t get to vote, actually. I left everybody off my Pro Bowl roster this year because I was sick. I would’ve voted for Terrell. He gets my vote, such a nice guy.”
Brady said the flu also didn’t affect his planning for the upcoming game on Sunday against the Bills in Orchard Park, NY. Brady is currently riding one of the best streaks in the history of NFL quarterbacks, having not thrown an interception in 292 attempts, third-best of all-time behind Bernie Kosar (308) and Bart Starr (294).
“None,” is what Brady said when asked what impact being under the weather in the early part of the week had on his preparations for the Bills.
There have been comparisons this week to the AFC Championship in Jan. 2005, when Brady had a 103-degree temperature and managed to make it to Heinz Field for the game.
“No, I wasn’t quite on my death bed that day either,” Brady said. “No it wasn’t anything like that. Just the normal flu.”
So what does Brady do when he isn’t at practice?
“Everything. All that stuff: treatment, film, still getting prepared, finding different things to do other than run around,” Brady said. “You still use the time to prepare, certainly [to] get caught up on some other things that maybe you don’t get a chance to do when you’re out there practicing. It’s maybe a little more rehab, stuff like that.”
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Rob Gronkowski Keeps Rolling as the Patriots' Offensive Pillar
- Patriots vs. Steelers: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- NFL Power Rankings: Breaking Down Sunday's Action Ahead of Week 7
- Patriots vs. Bengals: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- Rob Gronkowski Illness: Updates on Patriots TE's Status and Return
- Tom Brady Elects Not to Comment When Asked About Donald Trump's Leaked...
- Cincinnati Bengals vs. New England Patriots Betting Odds, Analysis, NFL...