Pats-Bills: Ready to rumble
|12.26.10 at 11:20 am ET|
The Patriots can clinch their eighth AFC East Division title in their last 10 seasons with a win today in Orchard Park.
But far more importantly, the Patriots can assure themselves of a bye week of rest and ensure the AFC road to Super Bowl XLV rolls through Foxboro with a 15th straight win over the Bills as they would lock up the No. 1 seed.
The weather doesn’t figure to be nearly the issue that it is today in Philadelphia where the NFL is giving serious consideration of postponing the game game because of a forecast of over 20 inches of snow with 35 MPH winds.
It’ll be typically cold in Western New York for the last Sunday in December where a game time temperature of 21 is expected with wind chills around 10 degrees. Wind could be a factor with winds of up to 20 MPH expected. There will be flurries throughout the afternoon and the possibility of a snow shower.
The domination of the Bills by the Patriots has been well documented. The last time the Patriots were beaten by Buffalo, New England was still trying to deal with the release of popular safety Lawyer Milloy before the 2003 season opener. That week, the Patriots were blown out by the Bills, 31-0, that Sunday, Sept. 7, 2003.
– The Patriots – at the time – had just a 46-40-1 advantage in their all-time series. It now stands at 60-40-1.
– The 14-game streak is the third-longest winning streak by one team over another in NFL history.
– Speaking of history Tom Brady needs to throw just three passes without an interception to pass Bart Starr and move into second on the all-time list of passes without being picked off. As a matter of fact, it’s likely the Patriots quarterback could have the chance of breaking Bernie Kosar‘s all-time record of 308 passes without an interception. Brady enters with 292 passes since last being intercepted on Oct. 17 against Baltimore.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Updates on Patriots OT Sebastian Vollmer Injury
- Latest Updates on Tom Brady's Thumb Injury
- Malcolm Mitchell Injury: Updates on Patriots WR's Elbow
- Tom Brady Comments on Suspension, Decision to Drop Deflategate Appeal
- Latest Updates on Bryan Stork's Concussion
- Gronk Is Too Good to Be NFL's Highest-Paid TE
- Rob Gronkowski Contract: Latest News, Rumors on TE's Negotiations with...