Brandon Meriweather on D&H: Secondary takes pride in physical play
|12.27.10 at 11:55 am ET|
Defensive back Brandon Meriweather joined the Dale & Holley show Monday morning, with guest hosts Mike Mutnansky and Chris Price, for his weekly appearance on WEEI’s Patriots Monday. To hear the interview, go to the Dale & Holley audio on demand page.
The secondary had a couple of big hits on Bills receivers Sunday and helped force seven Buffalo turnovers in the Patriots’ 34-3 victory. “We try to do that every game,” Meriweather said. “That’s one of our goals, to go into the game and be physical. We like to say that we’re the most physical secondary in the NFL. [Jerod] Mayo’s been a part of that, and the linebackers have been a part of that secondary, too, I think. Every week we go into a game, that’s what we’re aiming for, to be the most physical secondary on the field.”
Added Meriweather: “We just want to punish you. Whenever you come across the middle, or you catch a pass anywhere downfield, we want to make you feel it. Anytime you can make somebody feel it and you can establish they’re coming across the middle, then people stop throwing across the middle. Once you can eliminate places where you know people aren’t going to throw, then that’s when all the picks start coming.”
- Patriots vs. Browns: Three Takeaways
- Patriots vs. Browns: Fan Notes from the Game
- BNOTD: Patriots TE Rob Gronkowski Tears ACL
- New England Patriots Links 12/09/13 - Patriots Celebrate Last-Minute...
- In the Mind of Destruction
- Patriots vs. Browns Final Score: Gronkowski Injured in Dramatic 27-26...
- Halftime: Patriots Struggle Again in 1st Half, Trail Browns 6-0