Brandon Meriweather on D&H: Secondary takes pride in physical play
|12.27.10 at 11:55 am ET|
Defensive back Brandon Meriweather joined the Dale & Holley show Monday morning, with guest hosts Mike Mutnansky and Chris Price, for his weekly appearance on WEEI’s Patriots Monday. To hear the interview, go to the Dale & Holley audio on demand page.
The secondary had a couple of big hits on Bills receivers Sunday and helped force seven Buffalo turnovers in the Patriots’ 34-3 victory. “We try to do that every game,” Meriweather said. “That’s one of our goals, to go into the game and be physical. We like to say that we’re the most physical secondary in the NFL. [Jerod] Mayo’s been a part of that, and the linebackers have been a part of that secondary, too, I think. Every week we go into a game, that’s what we’re aiming for, to be the most physical secondary on the field.”
Added Meriweather: “We just want to punish you. Whenever you come across the middle, or you catch a pass anywhere downfield, we want to make you feel it. Anytime you can make somebody feel it and you can establish they’re coming across the middle, then people stop throwing across the middle. Once you can eliminate places where you know people aren’t going to throw, then that’s when all the picks start coming.”
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Rob Gronkowski Comments on Roger Goodell, Future in Football, More
- Best and Worst Moves New England Patriots Can Make This Offseason
- Bill Belichick Named Potential Witness in Aaron Hernandez's Double-Murder...
- Mike Freeman's 10-Point Stance: Patriots' Big Trade Bait, NFL's Athletic...
- Martellus Bennett Reportedly to Test Free Agency, Patriots Exit Possible
- Tom Brady's Missing Super Bowl 51 Jersey Valued at $500,000 in Police...
- 10 NFL Combine Participants New England Patriots Fans Should Know