Vince Wilfork on D&H: Sick Patriots wouldn’t let down teammates
|12.27.10 at 12:11 pm ET|
Patriots defensive lineman Vince Wilfork made his weekly Patriots Monday appearance on the Dale & Holley show Monday morning with guest hosts Mike Mutnansky and Chris Price. To hear the interview, go to the Dale & Holley audio on demand page.
Wilfork acknowledged that the flu had left him and some other Patriots in bad shape for Sunday’s 34-3 win over the Bills. “It had a couple of us pretty messed up,” Wilfork said, adding: “We fought through it. We knew how important this game was to us. The last thing we wanted to do was let down some of our teammates. I think we gave what we had to give.”
Wilfork was asked how he will prepare the young players for their first postseason, now that the Patriots have clinched the top seed in the AFC. “Every game is like a championship game,” he said. “Whatever you can think about from Little League to college, whatever it may be when you played championship football, this is what it’s going to be about. The games are getting tougher, the opponents are a lot tougher. This is where you have to put 60 minutes of football in. Most of the time you won’t see blowouts in games like that.
“It’s just everybody focusing and doing what we’ve been doing the past couple of weeks ‘ just playing focused, focusing for 60 minutes and playing good football. And we’ll be all right.”
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Griff Whalen to Patriots: Latest Contract Details, Comments and Reaction
- Patriots vs. Rams: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- Tom Brady Passes Peyton Manning for Most Wins All-Time by a QB
- Danny Amendola Injury: Updates on Patriots WR's Ankle and Return
- Tom Brady Injury: Updates on Patriots QB's Knee and Return
- Alan Branch Wins Suspension Appeal: Latest Details and Reaction
- Can the New England Patriots Survive Another Rob Gronkowski Absence?