Vince Wilfork on D&H: Sick Patriots wouldn’t let down teammates
|12.27.10 at 12:11 pm ET|
Patriots defensive lineman Vince Wilfork made his weekly Patriots Monday appearance on the Dale & Holley show Monday morning with guest hosts Mike Mutnansky and Chris Price. To hear the interview, go to the Dale & Holley audio on demand page.
Wilfork acknowledged that the flu had left him and some other Patriots in bad shape for Sunday’s 34-3 win over the Bills. “It had a couple of us pretty messed up,” Wilfork said, adding: “We fought through it. We knew how important this game was to us. The last thing we wanted to do was let down some of our teammates. I think we gave what we had to give.”
Wilfork was asked how he will prepare the young players for their first postseason, now that the Patriots have clinched the top seed in the AFC. “Every game is like a championship game,” he said. “Whatever you can think about from Little League to college, whatever it may be when you played championship football, this is what it’s going to be about. The games are getting tougher, the opponents are a lot tougher. This is where you have to put 60 minutes of football in. Most of the time you won’t see blowouts in games like that.
“It’s just everybody focusing and doing what we’ve been doing the past couple of weeks ‘ just playing focused, focusing for 60 minutes and playing good football. And we’ll be all right.”
2016 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2016 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Updates on Patriots Star Danny Amendola's Injuries
- Why Collins Is Patriots' Most Important 2017 Free Agent
- Biggest Issues the Patriots Will Face in 2016 Season
- Super Bowl Odds: Patriots Betting Favorites Despite Brady Suspension
- Position Battles to Watch in Patriots Training Camp
- Does Brissett Have a Chance to Be Patriots Week 1 Starter?
- Brady Is Under Too Much Pressure, and It Could Crush Pats Dynasty