Terrell Suggs: About that dis of Tom Brady… ‘We did vote for him’
|12.29.10 at 2:03 pm ET|
It turns out boisterous Baltimore linebacker Terrell Suggs did have a fond place in his heart for Tom Brady after all – or at least his teammates got through to him. One week after he told Yahoo’s Michael Silver that he voted for Philip Rivers, Peyton Manning and Ryan Fitzpatrick – and not Brady – on his player’s Pro Bowl ballot, Suggs admitted the Ravens linebacker corps convinced him voting Brady was the right thing to do.
‘Let’s go ahead and let the cat out of the bag: We did vote for him,’ Suggs told the Baltimore Sun Wednesday. ‘We’ve got quarrels and our beefs but you got to respect play. It was kind of decided as a unit who we vote for. We did vote for him.’
Suggs poked fun at Brady’s wife Gisele Bundchen the last time the two teams played and Brady responded by pointing to how vocal the Ravens are for having beaten the Patriots just once in the last 10 years. The Patriots beat the Ravens in overtime, 23-20, on Oct. 17 at Gillette Stadium.
But Suggs – also selected to the AFC Pro Bowl roster – did add, ‘One of us is not going to get to play in the game. I hope he has a good time in the Pro Bowl, and hopefully everything goes according to plan, I’ll be watching him from Dallas.’
He couldn’t miss out on the chance to lay out one more hit on Brady. The two could very well be facing each other on Jan. 23 at Gillette Stadium to see who goes to Dallas and who gets fun in the sun of Hawaii.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Updates on Patriots OT Sebastian Vollmer Injury
- Latest Updates on Tom Brady's Thumb Injury
- Malcolm Mitchell Injury: Updates on Patriots WR's Elbow
- Tom Brady Comments on Suspension, Decision to Drop Deflategate Appeal
- Latest Updates on Bryan Stork's Concussion
- Gronk Is Too Good to Be NFL's Highest-Paid TE
- Rob Gronkowski Contract: Latest News, Rumors on TE's Negotiations with...