Bill Belichick: No snow problem … gang’s all here
|01.12.11 at 1:12 pm ET|
FOXBORO — The powerful blizzard that crippled New England on Wednesday didn’t keep the Patriots from making practice. As a matter of fact, every single player was on hand, according to coach Bill Belichick.
“They’re all here,” Belichick said. “We have some experienced Northeastern drivers here.”
Many players, coaches and staff stayed at the Renaissance Hotel next to Gillette Stadium to avoid having to commute to the Foxboro through the storm. Last year, linebackers Adalius Thomas, Gary Guyton and Derrick Burgess were late for a Wednesday morning meeting in December because of hazardous driving conditions.
The trio reported to work and was subsequently sent home for not taking the weather into consideration and being tardy.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Montee Ball Released by Patriots: Latest Details, Comments and Reaction
- Free-Agent RBs Patriots Should Consider This Offseason
- Free Agents That Need to Be on Patriots' Radar
- Why Big Changes Could Be Coming for Patriots at WR
- Super Bowl XXXVI: Reliving the Start of the Patriots Dynasty
- We Remember: Butler's Game-Winning in Super Bowl XLIX
- Patriots Must Focus on Bringing Balance to Offense This Offseason