Sanchez shoulder ‘better’ heading into Sunday
|01.12.11 at 4:24 pm ET|
FLORHAM PARK, N.J — Jets quarterback Mark Sanchez met with the media on Wednesday and suggested that his injured right shoulder will not play any factor in the playoff battle vs. the Patriots on Sunday.
“Honestly it feels the best it’s felt in three or four weeks,” Sanchez said. “I [fully practiced] today for the first time in a while, which is huge. We know it’s getting better and that’s the important thing. Week by week it is getting better so I’ll be ready to go.”
Sanchez injured his shoulder in his team’s Week 14 win over the Steelers. He was sent for what coach Rex Ryan called a “precautionary” MRI exam the next day. There was no structural damage found, but Sanchez has been bothered by the injury in the weeks since, including in the playoff win over the Colts last Saturday, where Sanchez struggled, particularly in the first half.
“I think I was just not throwing the ball very well,” Sanchez said. “Some days you’re off or you’ve got to find a way to make it work. And I think we did that just getting completions underneath, being smart taking our shots when we got them and giving our guys a chance, and that was the most important thing. It [the final pass of the game] wasn’t the best throw in the world to Braylon [Edwards] and I’m not afraid to admit that, and he made a really good catch. However it has to happen, we won the game and we’re in the divisional round and that’s the most important thing.”
Latest from Bleacher Report
- NFL Power Rankings: Breaking Down Sunday's Action Ahead of Week 7
- Patriots vs. Bengals: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- Rob Gronkowski Illness: Updates on Patriots TE's Status and Return
- Tom Brady Elects Not to Comment When Asked About Donald Trump's Leaked...
- Cincinnati Bengals vs. New England Patriots Betting Odds, Analysis, NFL...
- Martellus Bennett, Chris Hogan, James White Post-Week 5 Fantasy Advice
- Patriots vs. Browns: Full Report Card Grades for New England