Was Wes Welker taking a shot at Rex Ryan?
|01.14.11 at 9:39 am ET|
Was it a coincidence, or just some expert wordplay? Patriots receiver Wes Welker dropped 11 references to “feet,” “toes” or “foot” during his roughly eight-minute session with the media on Thursday.
At first, the suggestion Welker was taking a shot at Rex Ryan and his well-publicized scandal seemed ridiculous, especially because each of his answers were a direction response to the questions that were asked. But Welker has a reputation as one of the funnier guys on the team, and the possibility of his taking a sneaky jab at Ryan with a play on words seems wholly possible.
The receiver spoke Jets corner Darrelle Revis has “great feet,” and that the Patriots were “good little foot soldiers” during the bye week. Welker added that every player has to focus on “putting their best foot forward” in the playoffs, and when it comes to younger players in the postseason, “you can’t just stick your toe in the water. You’ve got to jump right in.”
Here’s a look at some of the video:
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Tom Brady Injury: Updates on Patriots QB's Knee and Return
- Alan Branch Wins Suspension Appeal: Latest Details and Reaction
- Can the New England Patriots Survive Another Rob Gronkowski Absence?
- Rob Gronkowski Injury Update: TE Reportedly Will Miss 8 Weeks with Back...
- Marcus Cannon, Patriots Agree to New Contract: Latest Details and...
- Tom Brady Became 5th QB in NFL History to Throw for at Least 60,000 Yards
- Patriots vs. Jets: Full Report Card Grades for New England