Was Wes Welker taking a shot at Rex Ryan?
|01.14.11 at 9:39 am ET|
Was it a coincidence, or just some expert wordplay? Patriots receiver Wes Welker dropped 11 references to “feet,” “toes” or “foot” during his roughly eight-minute session with the media on Thursday.
At first, the suggestion Welker was taking a shot at Rex Ryan and his well-publicized scandal seemed ridiculous, especially because each of his answers were a direction response to the questions that were asked. But Welker has a reputation as one of the funnier guys on the team, and the possibility of his taking a sneaky jab at Ryan with a play on words seems wholly possible.
The receiver spoke Jets corner Darrelle Revis has “great feet,” and that the Patriots were “good little foot soldiers” during the bye week. Welker added that every player has to focus on “putting their best foot forward” in the playoffs, and when it comes to younger players in the postseason, “you can’t just stick your toe in the water. You’ve got to jump right in.”
Here’s a look at some of the video:
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Updates on Patriots OT Sebastian Vollmer Injury
- Latest Updates on Tom Brady's Thumb Injury
- Malcolm Mitchell Injury: Updates on Patriots WR's Elbow
- Tom Brady Comments on Suspension, Decision to Drop Deflategate Appeal
- Latest Updates on Bryan Stork's Concussion
- Gronk Is Too Good to Be NFL's Highest-Paid TE
- Rob Gronkowski Contract: Latest News, Rumors on TE's Negotiations with...