Was Wes Welker taking a shot at Rex Ryan?
|01.14.11 at 9:39 am ET|
Was it a coincidence, or just some expert wordplay? Patriots receiver Wes Welker dropped 11 references to “feet,” “toes” or “foot” during his roughly eight-minute session with the media on Thursday.
At first, the suggestion Welker was taking a shot at Rex Ryan and his well-publicized scandal seemed ridiculous, especially because each of his answers were a direction response to the questions that were asked. But Welker has a reputation as one of the funnier guys on the team, and the possibility of his taking a sneaky jab at Ryan with a play on words seems wholly possible.
The receiver spoke Jets corner Darrelle Revis has “great feet,” and that the Patriots were “good little foot soldiers” during the bye week. Welker added that every player has to focus on “putting their best foot forward” in the playoffs, and when it comes to younger players in the postseason, “you can’t just stick your toe in the water. You’ve got to jump right in.”
Here’s a look at some of the video:
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Tom Brady Says He Has No Interest in Pursuing Coaching Career
- New England Patriots vs. Buffalo Bills Betting Odds, Analysis, NFL Pick
- Dion Lewis Injury: Updates on Patriots RB's Recovery from Knee Surgery
- Rob Gronkowski Keeps Rolling as the Patriots' Offensive Pillar
- Patriots vs. Steelers: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- NFL Power Rankings: Breaking Down Sunday's Action Ahead of Week 7
- Patriots vs. Bengals: Full Report Card Grades for New England