Chad Ochocinco interested in Patriots?
|01.17.11 at 9:03 pm ET|
Chad Ochocinco, a New England Patriot? The controversial wide receiver posted a Tweet on Monday in response to a question from a Boston Herald reporter saying “PePe and Bill #EPIC.” (PePe is one of his nicknames.)
Patriots coach Bill Belichick and Ochocinco go back all the way to 2001, when Belichick worked him out as a collegian. They have maintained a friendship over the last few years, and it certainly sounds like the Patriots’ coach as a real admiration for Ochocinco and vice versa.
“I like Chad — I like him as a player. I like him as a person,” Belichick said. “I like his enthusiasm and the fun he has with football, and I like how he competes on the football field. I have a lot of respect for that.
“[We’re] an odd couple, but in the end I think we have a lot of things in common.”
“It became a relationship beyond just a football player and a coach. He became a friend of mine,” Ochocinco said of their relationship. “He has a lot of respect for me in my game and I have a lot of respect for him in everything he’s done as a coach.
“We just became really close and fond of each other’s work. He’s one that I look up to tremendously, one that I’ve never played for, but I show the same respect as if he was my own head coach.”
- 2013 Week 13 Patriots Power Rankings
- Patriots Are Reliant on Rookies, But Still Winning
- New England Patriots Links 12/04/13 - Patriots Preparing For All Browns...
- NFL Playoff Picture: Where do the Patriots Stand After 12 Games?
- Turning Heel
- New England Patriots Links 12/03/13 - Brady, Patriots Heat Up in December
- Patriots vs. Texans: By the Numbers