Chad Ochocinco interested in Patriots?
|01.17.11 at 9:03 pm ET|
Chad Ochocinco, a New England Patriot? The controversial wide receiver posted a Tweet on Monday in response to a question from a Boston Herald reporter saying ‘PePe and Bill #EPIC.’ (PePe is one of his nicknames.)
Patriots coach Bill Belichick and Ochocinco go back all the way to 2001, when Belichick worked him out as a collegian. They have maintained a friendship over the last few years, and it certainly sounds like the Patriots’ coach as a real admiration for Ochocinco and vice versa.
‘I like Chad ‘ I like him as a player. I like him as a person,’ Belichick said. ‘I like his enthusiasm and the fun he has with football, and I like how he competes on the football field. I have a lot of respect for that.
‘[We’re] an odd couple, but in the end I think we have a lot of things in common.’
‘It became a relationship beyond just a football player and a coach. He became a friend of mine,’ Ochocinco said of their relationship. ‘He has a lot of respect for me in my game and I have a lot of respect for him in everything he’s done as a coach.
‘We just became really close and fond of each other’s work. He’s one that I look up to tremendously, one that I’ve never played for, but I show the same respect as if he was my own head coach.’
2016 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2016 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Scarnecchia Has Tall Task Developing Pats' Young Offensive Line
- What Are Explanations for Patriots' Failure to Address Hole at RB?
- Patriots: Way-Too-Early 53-Man Roster and Depth Chart Predictions
- Kraft Comments on Brady's Deflategate Suspension Being Upheld
- Patriots Mock Draft and Big Board: Updated Day 3 Predictions
- Patriots Mock Draft and Big Board: Updated Day 2 Predictions
- Patriots Draft Picks: Results, Analysis and Grades