Ex-Patriots receiver Terry Glenn arrested again
|01.22.11 at 9:32 am ET|
According to Denton County (Tx.) records, former Patriots wide receiver Terry Glenn was arrested early on Thursday morning and released that same day on $3,011 bond for driving while intoxicated and possession of marijuana.
Glenn, 36, spent parts of 12 seasons in the NFL after the Patriots took him in the first round (No. 7 overall) of the 1996 draft. He set an NFL rookie record by catching 90 passes in his first season with the Pats, and ended up catching 329 passes over his six years with the Patriots.
But his tenure in New England was also characterized by off-field problems, including an arrest in 2001 for assault and battery on the mother of his son. He was deactivated by the Patriots for most of the 2001 season, during their Super Bowl run, and the Patriots traded him to Green Bay the following summer for two fourth-round draft picks. After one season, Green Bay traded him to Dallas for a draft pick, and Glenn spent the next five years with the Cowboys.
However, since his release from the Cowboys in 2008, he has been arrested multiple times, according to several reports. He was cited and handcuffed but not arrested in late-2005 — while still a member of the Cowboys — for public intoxication when a cop found him urinating outside of a restaurant. In early 2009, he was arrested for public intoxication and marijuana possession. In Jan. 2010, he was arrested on grand theft auto charges for not returning a rented car. In Sept. 2010, according to Denton Co. records, he was arrested and released on a $500 bond for marijuana possession.
2013 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2013 NFL DRAFT
- New England Patriots Links 6/19/13 - Patriots Dominate on First Down
- Police Searched Aaron Hernandez' Home For More than Two Hours
- Aaron Hernandez Questioned, Has Home Searched after Killing
- Report: Rob Gronkowski Back Surgery Completed and Successful
- Fantasy Outlook: Patriots RB Stevan Ridley
- The Top 20 Most Memorable Patriots Moments of 2012: Number 5
- New England Patriots Links 6/18/13 - Shane Vereen: Offense Has 'Sour...