Marvin Lewis: Belichick too smart to sign Ochocinco
|01.24.11 at 6:15 pm ET|
“Belichick’s smarter than that,” said Lewis, who coached Ochocinco in Cincinnati for the last eight seasons.
Ochocinco recently posted a Tweet about the possibility of coming to New England, calling a potential pairing of he and Belichick “epic.” Belichick has a long history with the controversial wideout, having worked him out as a draft prospect in 2001. Belichick talked about their relationship earlier in the 2010 season.
‘I like Chad ‘ I like him as a player. I like him as a person,’ Belichick said. ‘I like his enthusiasm and the fun he has with football, and I like how he competes on the football field. I have a lot of respect for that.
‘[We’re] an odd couple, but in the end I think we have a lot of things in common.’
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Brady's Struggles Not a Major Concern
- What We've Learned Through Week 2 of Pats Preseason
- Previewing Patriots' Preseason Week 3 Matchup
- Patriots Preseason Week 2 Stock Report
- Report: Edelman's Wk 1 Status Uncertain
- Is Signing Wayne a Smart Move for Pats?
- NFL Files Letter in Response to Brady's Case Examples