Marvin Lewis: Belichick too smart to sign Ochocinco
|01.24.11 at 6:15 pm ET|
Bengals head coach Marvin Lewis was asked by the Boston Herald on Monday if he thought the Patriots would make a play for free agent receiver Chad Ochocinco.
“Belichick’s smarter than that,” said Lewis, who coached Ochocinco in Cincinnati for the last eight seasons.
Ochocinco recently posted a Tweet about the possibility of coming to New England, calling a potential pairing of he and Belichick “epic.” Belichick has a long history with the controversial wideout, having worked him out as a draft prospect in 2001. Belichick talked about their relationship earlier in the 2010 season.
“I like Chad — I like him as a player. I like him as a person,” Belichick said. “I like his enthusiasm and the fun he has with football, and I like how he competes on the football field. I have a lot of respect for that.
“[We’re] an odd couple, but in the end I think we have a lot of things in common.”
2013 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2013 NFL DRAFT
- New England Patriots Links 6/19/13 - Patriots Dominate on First Down
- Police Searched Aaron Hernandez' Home For More than Two Hours
- Aaron Hernandez Questioned, Has Home Searched after Killing
- Report: Rob Gronkowski Back Surgery Completed and Successful
- Fantasy Outlook: Patriots RB Stevan Ridley
- The Top 20 Most Memorable Patriots Moments of 2012: Number 5
- New England Patriots Links 6/18/13 - Shane Vereen: Offense Has 'Sour...