NFL Draft’s Potential Patriots: Oregon WR Jeff Maehl
|02.01.11 at 3:58 pm ET|
Position: Wide Receiver
Weight: 181 pounds
Achievements: Honorable Mention All-America (2010), 1st Team All-Pac-10 (2010), Cargill Award for Team Impact Player (2010, 2009), All-Pac-10 Honorable Mention (2009)
What he brings: Maehl shows great leadership ability as he led the Ducks in receptions and receiving touchdowns the past two seasons. He is also deceptively athletic and has a tremendous work ethic. There are some questions of his speed, which will have scouts watching closely at the combine.
Where the Patriots could get him: 5th to 7th round
Notes: Recruited as a defensive back, Maehl converted to wide receiver late in his freshman season. He ended his career at Oregon with 24 receiving touchdowns, tied for the most in school history. His small size brings up durability concerns and with a lack of outright speed there are some some doubts whether his game will translate to the NFL. However, this could make him the ideal sleeper pick for the Pats very late in the draft. As a 7th round choice he is low risk, with a lot of potential due to his football intelligence and great hands.
2017 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2017 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Brandin Cooks' Contract Option Reportedly Exercised by Patriots
- Derek Rivers Becomes 1st Player Drafted by Super Bowl Champion Patriots...
- Mike Gillislee's Patriots Contract Offer Sheet Declined by Bills
- Malcolm Butler Reportedly 'Highly Unlikely' to Be Traded Despite Saints...
- Patriots Schedule 2017-18: Game-by-Game Predictions for the Entire Season
- 2017 New England Patriots Schedule: Full Listing of Dates, Times and TV...
- Chiefs vs. Patriots to Open 2017 NFL Regular Season Schedule in...