|NFL Draft’s Potential Patriots: UConn RB Jordan Todman||02.08.11 at 9:00 am ET|
WEEI.com will continue to offer daily insight and analysis regarding options that may be available to the Patriots when it comes to the 2011 NFL draft.
Position: Running back
Weight: 193 pounds
Achievements: Big East Offensive Player of the Year (2010), Second team All Big East (2009)
What he brings: Todman brings tremendous speed and should post one of the better 40-yard dash times among running backs at the combine. An experienced kick returner in his first two seasons at UConn, he only returned two kicks last season. Even so, his athleticism makes him a good option to help out in that area in the NFL. Todman decided to declare for the draft before Randy Edsall’s departure for Marlyand, but at any rate, it seems a team might get a bargain on him as a result of him choosing against a stock-boosting senior campaign.
Where the Patriots could get him: Between the third and fifth round.
Notes: A local kid from North Dartmouth, Todman didn’t really get a shot as a freshman in 2008, as eventual Colts first-round pick Donald Brown was the star of the show. Todman saw his carries go from 47 as a freshman to 235 as a sophomore and carried the ball 334 times in his final year in Storrs. He averaged 5.1 yards per carry with 14 touchdowns a season in 2009 and 2010. His 120.9 rushing yards per game as a junior were second-best in the country, and he is now behind only Brown on UConn’s all-time rushing yards list.
2013 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2013 NFL DRAFT
- New England Patriots Links 5/24/13 - Chandler Jones 'Ramping Up' for Year...
- Bill Belichick and The Greatest Coaches Ever
- New England Patriots Links 5/23/13 - Amendola, Jenkins Top Receivers at...
- Patriots Claim OT Kevin Haslam; Waive R.J. Mattes
- Patriots Spend League High $140K In Guaranteed Money For UDFAs
- New England Patriots Links 5/22/13 - Talib: OTAs About 'Getting Down the...
- The Potential Importance Of Jake Ballard