Patriots tight end Aaron Hernandez has hip surgery
|02.21.11 at 1:22 am ET|
Patriots tight end Aaron Hernandez recently underwent surgery on his hip, according to this story in the Hartford Courant. On Sunday, Hernandez showed up at a skills camp organized by his brother D.J., a high school football coach in Southington, Conn. on crutches, and apparently told campers the crutches were because of hip surgery. (This story has a picture of Hernandez at the camp while on crutches. For what it’s worth, he’s smiling, so it doesn’t appear to be too serious.) The Florida product, who had 45 catches for 563 yards and six touchdowns his rookie season with New England, was on the injury report with a right hip problem several times throughout the season, but still finished the year as one of the leading receivers on the team.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Should Patriots Give Brissett Chance to Start Week 1?
- Robert Kraft Releases Statement on Brady Not Continuing Deflategate...
- Tom Brady Accepts Deflategate Suspension, Won't Appeal to Supreme Court
- Excited by Absence of Brady, Pats' Rivals Likely to Be Disappointed Again
- Simmons Accuses Stephen A. of Blasting Brady for the NFL
- Twitter Reacts to Brady's Denied Appeal
- Brady's Request for Rehearing of Deflategate Appeal Denied