Patriots tight end Aaron Hernandez has hip surgery
|02.21.11 at 1:22 am ET|
Patriots tight end Aaron Hernandez recently underwent surgery on his hip, according to this story in the Hartford Courant. On Sunday, Hernandez showed up at a skills camp organized by his brother D.J., a high school football coach in Southington, Conn. on crutches, and apparently told campers the crutches were because of hip surgery. (This story has a picture of Hernandez at the camp while on crutches. For what it’s worth, he’s smiling, so it doesn’t appear to be too serious.) The Florida product, who had 45 catches for 563 yards and six touchdowns his rookie season with New England, was on the injury report with a right hip problem several times throughout the season, but still finished the year as one of the leading receivers on the team.
2016 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2016 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Updates on Patriots Star Danny Amendola's Injuries
- Why Collins Is Patriots' Most Important 2017 Free Agent
- Biggest Issues the Patriots Will Face in 2016 Season
- Super Bowl Odds: Patriots Betting Favorites Despite Brady Suspension
- Position Battles to Watch in Patriots Training Camp
- Does Brissett Have a Chance to Be Patriots Week 1 Starter?
- Brady Is Under Too Much Pressure, and It Could Crush Pats Dynasty