NFL Draft’s Potential Patriots: Miami WR Leonard Hankerson
|02.22.11 at 3:00 pm ET|
WEEI.com will continue to offer daily insight and analysis regarding options that may be available to the Patriots when it comes to the 2011 NFL draft.
Position: Wide receiver
Weight: 205 pounds
Achievements: Broke Michael Irvin‘s Miami single-season record with 13 touchdown receptions in 2010.
What he brings: Hankerson has good size and great hands. He is one of the best receivers in the draft when it comes to going up and getting jump balls. That could make him an immediate asset to a Patriots offense dominated by smaller, shifty receivers. Hankerson isn’t seen as a first-round pick because he doesn’t have great top-end speed. He runs good routes, though, and he does a good job creating separation from defenders.
Where the Patriots could get him: No. 33 or 60
Notes: Hankerson led the Hurricanes last season with 72 catches, 1,156 yards and 13 touchdowns, all of which were career highs. He had just 17 catches for 203 yards and three touchdowns during his first two seasons at Miami, but broke out with 45 receptions, 801 yards and six touchdowns as a junior.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Patriots Schedule 2017-18: Game-by-Game Predictions for the Entire Season
- 2017 New England Patriots Schedule: Full Listing of Dates, Times and TV...
- Chiefs vs. Patriots to Open 2017 NFL Regular Season Schedule in...
- Patriots Favored in Updated Super Bowl 52 Odds Ahead of 2017 NFL Draft
- After Aaron Hernandez Suicide, Victim's Family Speaks: 'I Just Started...
- Super Bowl 51 Champion New England Patriots Visit President Trump at...
- Rob Gronkowski Interrupts Sean Spicer's Press Briefing During White House...