NFL Draft’s Potential Patriots: Miami WR Leonard Hankerson
|02.22.11 at 3:00 pm ET|
WEEI.com will continue to offer daily insight and analysis regarding options that may be available to the Patriots when it comes to the 2011 NFL draft.
Position: Wide receiver
Weight: 205 pounds
Achievements: Broke Michael Irvin‘s Miami single-season record with 13 touchdown receptions in 2010.
What he brings: Hankerson has good size and great hands. He is one of the best receivers in the draft when it comes to going up and getting jump balls. That could make him an immediate asset to a Patriots offense dominated by smaller, shifty receivers. Hankerson isn’t seen as a first-round pick because he doesn’t have great top-end speed. He runs good routes, though, and he does a good job creating separation from defenders.
Where the Patriots could get him: No. 33 or 60
Notes: Hankerson led the Hurricanes last season with 72 catches, 1,156 yards and 13 touchdowns, all of which were career highs. He had just 17 catches for 203 yards and three touchdowns during his first two seasons at Miami, but broke out with 45 receptions, 801 yards and six touchdowns as a junior.
- 2013 Week 14 Patriots Power Rankings
- New England Patriots Links 12/12/13 - Jamie Collins Growing into...
- Coping With Loss: the Rob Gronkowski Edition
- New England Patriots Links 12/11/13 - Can Mental Toughness Overcome...
- No Lead, No Problem
- Patriots vs. Browns: By the Numbers
- Offensive Fallout: Touch Percentage