Video: Chan Gailey talks quarterbacks and all things Bills
|02.24.11 at 10:38 am ET|
INDIANAPOLIS — Bills coach Chan Gailey kicked things off here at Lucas Oil Stadium, fielding questions about his team’s quarterback situation, the direction they may go in with the third overall pick, and multiple other subjects.
Quarterback was the most popular topic. Gailey said he regrets not handing Ryan Fitzpatrick the starting job out of camp, and that he has been to the playoffs with less capable quarterbacks. Even so, he the coach is “anxious” to see Auburn quarterback Cam Newton throw. He added that he’d rather have a less experienced QB who knows a pro-style offense than someone who has spent multiple years in a different offense. Check out the video below of Gailey discussing signal-callers.
– Last year’s first round pick, C.J. Spiller, made minimal impact as a rookie. The ninth overall pick rushed for just 283 yards on 74 carries and no rushing touchdowns (he did catch one).
“It didn’t work out like any of us planned,” Gailey said. I still think he’s going to be a very good to great player for the Buffalo Bills. There’s no question in my mind on that.”
– Gailey said the Bills will be going with a “little bit of both” defensively next season, running both the 3-4 and 4-3 schemes going forward.
“Multiple, hybrid,” he said, “whatever term you want to use.”
– When asked to assess his job with the Bills thus far, Gailey responded “four out of 16 is 25? Twenty-five percent.”
“This is a win business,” he added. “That’s the bottom line.”
2016 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2016 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Updates on Patriots Star Danny Amendola's Injuries
- Why Collins Is Patriots' Most Important 2017 Free Agent
- Biggest Issues the Patriots Will Face in 2016 Season
- Super Bowl Odds: Patriots Betting Favorites Despite Brady Suspension
- Position Battles to Watch in Patriots Training Camp
- Does Brissett Have a Chance to Be Patriots Week 1 Starter?
- Brady Is Under Too Much Pressure, and It Could Crush Pats Dynasty