A.J. Green: ‘I want to be mentioned with the best’
|02.25.11 at 1:17 pm ET|
INDIANAPOLIS — What are things you look for in a No. 1 receiver. Size? Experience in a pro-style offense? Experience playing with Matthew Stafford? One guy has all three.
Though he was introduced here at Lucas Oil Stadium as Adriel (his real name) and A.C. (Mario Lopez‘ character’s name on Saved by the Bell), Georgia wide receiver A.J. Green wants his name to be one people remember at the next level.
“I’m tall, I’m big and I’m physical,” the 6-foot-4 4/8, 211-pound top-five prospect said Friday.
“I’m not going to settle for being an average receiver. …I want to be mentioned with the best.”
Green is good friends with Alabama receiver Julio Jones, as the two of them prepared for the combine at Athletes Performance Institute. He said that despite the two of them battling to be the first receiver off the board (Jones is widely considered to be the second-best receiver prospect in the draft), they have a good relationship and that “it doesn’t really matter” which one goes first.
The best answer of Green’s presser came when a reporter asked him for a prediction of his 40-yard-dash time.
“Y’all [are] going to see when I run it,” he said with a grin.
Green had 848 receiving yards and nine touchdowns in his junior year at Georgia. His best season was his freshman year in 2008, when he had 963 receiving yards and eight touchdowns playing with Stafford.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Best and Worst Moves New England Patriots Can Make This Offseason
- Bill Belichick Named Potential Witness in Aaron Hernandez's Double-Murder...
- Mike Freeman's 10-Point Stance: Patriots' Big Trade Bait, NFL's Athletic...
- Martellus Bennett Reportedly to Test Free Agency, Patriots Exit Possible
- Tom Brady's Missing Super Bowl 51 Jersey Valued at $500,000 in Police...
- 10 NFL Combine Participants New England Patriots Fans Should Know
- Devin McCourty Comments on Decision to Skip White House Visit with Donald...