Leonard Hankerson feels he’s living up to The U’s standard
|02.25.11 at 12:06 pm ET|
INDIANAPOLIS — Everyone knows that “The U” sends quality receivers to the NFL. Leonard Hankerson just hopes he’s the next one.
From guys in the past like Michael Irvine, to current NFL players like Andre Johnson, Devin Hester, and Reggie Wayne, Hankerson has a lot to live up to. For a guy who broke Irvin’s single-season touchdown record last season, he feels he’s doing the job thus far.
“Being able to have my name mentioned with the great receivers that came out of the University of Miami, comes from working hard, doing what you’ve got to do off the field, and on the field, in the weight room, film room,” he said Friday. “I feel like I’m living up to that dream.”
Hankerson isn’t the quickest guy, but he has decent size and very good hands. His favorite Miami receiver is Johnson, who has become one of the best receivers in the NFL since the Texans chose him third overall in 2003.
“Big receiver, big physical receiver, fast,” Hankerson said. “I love his game.”
For more of a look at Hankerson, check out our entry on him in the “Potential Patriots” series.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Mike Gillislee's Patriots Contract Offer Sheet Declined by Bills
- Malcolm Butler Reportedly 'Highly Unlikely' to Be Traded Despite Saints...
- Patriots Schedule 2017-18: Game-by-Game Predictions for the Entire Season
- 2017 New England Patriots Schedule: Full Listing of Dates, Times and TV...
- Chiefs vs. Patriots to Open 2017 NFL Regular Season Schedule in...
- Patriots Favored in Updated Super Bowl 52 Odds Ahead of 2017 NFL Draft
- After Aaron Hernandez Suicide, Victim's Family Speaks: 'I Just Started...