Leonard Hankerson feels he’s living up to The U’s standard
|02.25.11 at 12:06 pm ET|
INDIANAPOLIS — Everyone knows that “The U” sends quality receivers to the NFL. Leonard Hankerson just hopes he’s the next one.
From guys in the past like Michael Irvine, to current NFL players like Andre Johnson, Devin Hester, and Reggie Wayne, Hankerson has a lot to live up to. For a guy who broke Irvin’s single-season touchdown record last season, he feels he’s doing the job thus far.
“Being able to have my name mentioned with the great receivers that came out of the University of Miami, comes from working hard, doing what you’ve got to do off the field, and on the field, in the weight room, film room,” he said Friday. “I feel like I’m living up to that dream.”
Hankerson isn’t the quickest guy, but he has decent size and very good hands. His favorite Miami receiver is Johnson, who has become one of the best receivers in the NFL since the Texans chose him third overall in 2003.
“Big receiver, big physical receiver, fast,” Hankerson said. “I love his game.”
For more of a look at Hankerson, check out our entry on him in the “Potential Patriots” series.
2013 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2013 NFL DRAFT
- Fantasy Outlook: Patriots RB Stevan Ridley
- The Top 20 Most Memorable Patriots Moments of 2012: Number 5
- New England Patriots Links 6/18/13 - Shane Vereen: Offense Has 'Sour...
- New England Patriots Links 6/17/13 - Leon Washington Hopes to Contribute...
- New England Patriots Links 6/14/13 - WRs: It's Amendola, Everyone Else
- New England Patriots Links 6/13/13 - Don't Expect Tom-Tim Tag Team
- Patriots Cancel Final Minicamp Practice