Report: Patriots extend tender to Green-Ellis
|03.02.11 at 5:19 pm ET|
According to a report from Ian Rapoport of the Boston Herald, the Patriots have extended a restricted free-agent tender to running back BenJarvus Green-Ellis. The tender is at a second-round compensation level.
Green-Ellis had a breakout season in 2010, rushing for 1,008 yards and 13 touchdowns, a total that ranked second in the NFL. This is the first restricted free-agent tender the Patriots have extended this offseason.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Dion Lewis Injury: Updates on Patriots RB's Recovery from Surgery
- Should Patriots Give Brissett Chance to Start Week 1?
- Robert Kraft Releases Statement on Brady Not Continuing Deflategate...
- Tom Brady Accepts Deflategate Suspension, Won't Appeal to Supreme Court
- Excited by Absence of Brady, Pats' Rivals Likely to Be Disappointed Again
- Simmons Accuses Stephen A. of Blasting Brady for the NFL
- Twitter Reacts to Brady's Denied Appeal