Page, Green-Ellis among those tendered by Patriots
|03.03.11 at 7:45 pm ET|
The Patriots announced Thursday evening that they have extended tenders to restricted free agents BenJarvus Green-Ellis and Jarrad Page. In addition, the team said cornerback Kyle Arrington was tendered an exclusive rights free agent.
The tenders for Green-Ellis and Arrington were already reported, but the decision to tender Page is an indication that the Patriots like what they have in the defensive back, who was hindered by a calf injury for much of the 2010 season, his first in a New England uniform. In all, Page played in 10 games.
If another clubs signs either Green-Ellis or Page to an offer sheet, the Patriots have seven days to match the offer. If they choose not to match, New England will receive the appropriate compensation from the respective club ‘ reportedly a second-round pick.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Patriots Favored over Cowboys in Marquee Matchup
- Pros, Cons of Patriots' Offensive Line Shuffling
- What's the Secret to Lewis' Sudden Stardom?
- Blount and Lewis Are Perfect 1-2 Punch in Pats Backfield
- Adjustments Patriots Must Make After Bye Week
- Where Does Brady's Hot Start Rank?
- Report: Bears Trade LB Bostic to Pats