Page, Green-Ellis among those tendered by Patriots
|03.03.11 at 7:45 pm ET|
The Patriots announced Thursday evening that they have extended tenders to restricted free agents BenJarvus Green-Ellis and Jarrad Page. In addition, the team said cornerback Kyle Arrington was tendered an exclusive rights free agent.
The tenders for Green-Ellis and Arrington were already reported, but the decision to tender Page is an indication that the Patriots like what they have in the defensive back, who was hindered by a calf injury for much of the 2010 season, his first in a New England uniform. In all, Page played in 10 games.
If another clubs signs either Green-Ellis or Page to an offer sheet, the Patriots have seven days to match the offer. If they choose not to match, New England will receive the appropriate compensation from the respective club ‘ reportedly a second-round pick.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Former Patriots, Miami CB Leonard Myers Dies at Age 38
- Tom Brady, Patriots Reportedly Have Mutual Interest in New Contract
- Jimmy Garoppolo Reportedly May Remain with Patriots Despite Trade Rumors
- Biggest Challenges Facing New England Patriots in 2017 Offseason
- Tom Brady's Super Bowl 51 Comeback to Be Made into Book and Feature Film
- Malcolm Butler's Life Story to Be Subject of Biographical Movie
- Julian Edelman Says Jimmy Garoppolo Has Brett Favre, Aaron Rodgers...