Patriots make signing of Marcus Stroud official
|03.04.11 at 5:27 pm ET|
The Patriots made official their deal with defensive lineman Marcus Stroud. Though the team did not disclose terms, ESPN.com reported earlier in the week that the deal was for two years.
The 10-year veteran, who is listed at 6-foot-6 and 310 pounds, was cut by the Bills last month, who preferred to go younger and less expensive on their line. Stroud was due to receive $10 million over the next two seasons, including a $1 million roster bonus in March.
The 2001 first-rounder made three straight Pro Bowls while a member of the Jaguars from 2003-05. Last year, he started 14 games and finished the year with 49 tackles and three sacks.
For complete Patriots coverage, visit weei.com/patriots.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Updates on Patriots OT Sebastian Vollmer Injury
- Latest Updates on Tom Brady's Thumb Injury
- Malcolm Mitchell Injury: Updates on Patriots WR's Elbow
- Tom Brady Comments on Suspension, Decision to Drop Deflategate Appeal
- Latest Updates on Bryan Stork's Concussion
- Gronk Is Too Good to Be NFL's Highest-Paid TE
- Rob Gronkowski Contract: Latest News, Rumors on TE's Negotiations with...