Patriots make signing of Marcus Stroud official
|03.04.11 at 5:27 pm ET|
The Patriots made official their deal with defensive lineman Marcus Stroud. Though the team did not disclose terms, ESPN.com reported earlier in the week that the deal was for two years.
The 10-year veteran, who is listed at 6-foot-6 and 310 pounds, was cut by the Bills last month, who preferred to go younger and less expensive on their line. Stroud was due to receive $10 million over the next two seasons, including a $1 million roster bonus in March.
The 2001 first-rounder made three straight Pro Bowls while a member of the Jaguars from 2003-05. Last year, he started 14 games and finished the year with 49 tackles and three sacks.
For complete Patriots coverage, visit weei.com/patriots.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Will Belichick Pass Noll This Year for Most Super Bowls in NFL History?
- Previewing Patriots' Preseason Week 4 Matchup
- Patriots Preseason Week 4 Stock Report
- Kraft: Deflategate Most Overblown Story
- Malcolm Butler Went from One-Play Wonder to Starter
- Roster Projections for New England Patriots
- Brady's Struggles Not a Major Concern