Marcus Stroud’s contract with Patriots lands him $2.9M in base salary
|03.07.11 at 6:00 pm ET|
The deal the Patriots inked with veteran defensive lineman Marcus Stroud is a two-year contract that will pay him a base salary of $1.2 million in 2011 and $1.7 million for the 2012 season. It’s a sizable step down from what he was scheduled to make with the Bills before Buffalo cut him loose last month ‘ $4.5 million for 2011 and $5.5 for 2012.
A 6-foot-6, 310-pounder, the 32-year-old Stroud was selected by Jacksonville in the first round of the 2001 draft, and made three straight Pro Bowls while a member of the Jaguars from 2003-05. Last year with the Bills, he started 14 games and finished the year with 49 tackles and three sacks.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Mike Gillislee's Patriots Contract Offer Sheet Declined by Bills
- Malcolm Butler Reportedly 'Highly Unlikely' to Be Traded Despite Saints...
- Patriots Schedule 2017-18: Game-by-Game Predictions for the Entire Season
- 2017 New England Patriots Schedule: Full Listing of Dates, Times and TV...
- Chiefs vs. Patriots to Open 2017 NFL Regular Season Schedule in...
- Patriots Favored in Updated Super Bowl 52 Odds Ahead of 2017 NFL Draft
- After Aaron Hernandez Suicide, Victim's Family Speaks: 'I Just Started...