Marcus Stroud’s contract with Patriots lands him $2.9M in base salary
|03.07.11 at 6:00 pm ET|
The deal the Patriots inked with veteran defensive lineman Marcus Stroud is a two-year contract that will pay him a base salary of $1.2 million in 2011 and $1.7 million for the 2012 season. It’s a sizable step down from what he was scheduled to make with the Bills before Buffalo cut him loose last month ‘ $4.5 million for 2011 and $5.5 for 2012.
A 6-foot-6, 310-pounder, the 32-year-old Stroud was selected by Jacksonville in the first round of the 2001 draft, and made three straight Pro Bowls while a member of the Jaguars from 2003-05. Last year with the Bills, he started 14 games and finished the year with 49 tackles and three sacks.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- NFL Power Rankings: Breaking Down Sunday's Action Ahead of Week 7
- Patriots vs. Bengals: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- Rob Gronkowski Illness: Updates on Patriots TE's Status and Return
- Tom Brady Elects Not to Comment When Asked About Donald Trump's Leaked...
- Cincinnati Bengals vs. New England Patriots Betting Odds, Analysis, NFL...
- Martellus Bennett, Chris Hogan, James White Post-Week 5 Fantasy Advice
- Patriots vs. Browns: Full Report Card Grades for New England