Danny Woodhead recounts ‘whirlwind’ year with the Patriots
|03.08.11 at 9:55 pm ET|
In the most exhaustive offseason feature on Patriots running back Danny Woodhead that’s been written thus far, the young running back tells the Omaha World-Herald that his first season in New England was a “whirlwind,” and added that it was a “crazy” year.
Woodhead, a Nebraska native who was signed by the Patriots on Sept. 18, said there wasn’t one defining moment for him that highlighted a remarkable run from Jets’ castoff to New England running back.
“Just have the opportunity to play football for my job,” he told writer Alex Helmbrecht. “To me, there are a lot of different things and moments that are great to be part of. It’s awesome to be able to do that and you just have to take advantage of that. I’m confident in what I can do but I don’t think I’m arrogant. I have the abilities and anyone who plays in the NFL has to think that way.”
- In the Mind of Destruction
- Patriots vs. Browns Final Score: Gronkowski Injured in Dramatic 27-26...
- Halftime: Patriots Struggle Again in 1st Half, Trail Browns 6-0
- Week 14 Game Thread: Patriots vs. Browns
- Patriots vs. Browns: Thompkins, Hoomanawanui Both Inactive
- Belichick on Ridley, Faulk, and Ozzie Newsome
- The Best Around