Danny Woodhead recounts ‘whirlwind’ year with the Patriots
|03.08.11 at 9:55 pm ET|
In the most exhaustive offseason feature on Patriots running back Danny Woodhead that’s been written thus far, the young running back tells the Omaha World-Herald that his first season in New England was a “whirlwind,” and added that it was a “crazy” year.
Woodhead, a Nebraska native who was signed by the Patriots on Sept. 18, said there wasn’t one defining moment for him that highlighted a remarkable run from Jets’ castoff to New England running back.
‘Just have the opportunity to play football for my job,” he told writer Alex Helmbrecht. “To me, there are a lot of different things and moments that are great to be part of. It’s awesome to be able to do that and you just have to take advantage of that. I’m confident in what I can do but I don’t think I’m arrogant. I have the abilities and anyone who plays in the NFL has to think that way.”
2016 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2016 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Patriots File Amicus Brief Supporting Brady's Deflategate Suspension...
- Deep Battle Brewing for Roster Spots at WR for Patriots
- Robert Kraft Comments on Handling of Tom Brady's Deflategate Suspension
- Freeney Would Add No Value to Patriots Defense
- Can Malcom Brown Make 2nd-Year Jump for Patriots?
- Is Cannon Safe on Patriots' Roster?
- Can Garoppolo Carry Patriots in Brady's Absence?