Orange County Sheriff issues statement regarding Brandon Meriweather and shooting
|03.10.11 at 3:26 pm ET|
The Orange County Sheriff’s Office has released the following statement on the report regarding the report that Patriots safety Brandon Meriweather was involved in a shooting late last month in Florida:
‘The Orange County Sheriff’s Office has received numerous calls from the local and national media with varying degrees of information and speculation to determine if NFL player William Brandon Meriweather, of the New England Patriots; committed the shooting, or is a suspect in the case.
‘William Brandon Meriweather, among others, has been identified as being present during a shooting which occurred on February 28th, 2011, which is being investigated by this Office.
‘We will continue to provide information that is available for release when proper to do so, and in a timely manner.’
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Dion Lewis Injury: Updates on Patriots RB's Recovery from Surgery
- Should Patriots Give Brissett Chance to Start Week 1?
- Robert Kraft Releases Statement on Brady Not Continuing Deflategate...
- Tom Brady Accepts Deflategate Suspension, Won't Appeal to Supreme Court
- Excited by Absence of Brady, Pats' Rivals Likely to Be Disappointed Again
- Simmons Accuses Stephen A. of Blasting Brady for the NFL
- Twitter Reacts to Brady's Denied Appeal