Orange County Sheriff issues statement regarding Brandon Meriweather and shooting
|03.10.11 at 3:26 pm ET|
The Orange County Sheriff’s Office has released the following statement on the report regarding the report that Patriots safety Brandon Meriweather was involved in a shooting late last month in Florida:
‘The Orange County Sheriff’s Office has received numerous calls from the local and national media with varying degrees of information and speculation to determine if NFL player William Brandon Meriweather, of the New England Patriots; committed the shooting, or is a suspect in the case.
‘William Brandon Meriweather, among others, has been identified as being present during a shooting which occurred on February 28th, 2011, which is being investigated by this Office.
‘We will continue to provide information that is available for release when proper to do so, and in a timely manner.’
Latest from Bleacher Report
- NFL Power Rankings: Breaking Down Sunday's Action Ahead of Week 7
- Patriots vs. Bengals: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- Rob Gronkowski Illness: Updates on Patriots TE's Status and Return
- Tom Brady Elects Not to Comment When Asked About Donald Trump's Leaked...
- Cincinnati Bengals vs. New England Patriots Betting Odds, Analysis, NFL...
- Martellus Bennett, Chris Hogan, James White Post-Week 5 Fantasy Advice
- Patriots vs. Browns: Full Report Card Grades for New England