Orange County Sheriff issues statement regarding Brandon Meriweather and shooting
|03.10.11 at 3:26 pm ET|
The Orange County Sheriff’s Office has released the following statement on the report regarding the report that Patriots safety Brandon Meriweather was involved in a shooting late last month in Florida:
‘The Orange County Sheriff’s Office has received numerous calls from the local and national media with varying degrees of information and speculation to determine if NFL player William Brandon Meriweather, of the New England Patriots; committed the shooting, or is a suspect in the case.
‘William Brandon Meriweather, among others, has been identified as being present during a shooting which occurred on February 28th, 2011, which is being investigated by this Office.
‘We will continue to provide information that is available for release when proper to do so, and in a timely manner.’
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Patriots vs. Rams: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- Tom Brady Passes Peyton Manning for Most Wins All-Time by a QB
- Danny Amendola Injury: Updates on Patriots WR's Ankle and Return
- Tom Brady Injury: Updates on Patriots QB's Knee and Return
- Alan Branch Wins Suspension Appeal: Latest Details and Reaction
- Can the New England Patriots Survive Another Rob Gronkowski Absence?
- Rob Gronkowski Injury Update: TE Reportedly Will Miss 8 Weeks with Back...