Report: Patriots safety Brandon Meriweather allegedly shoots two
|03.10.11 at 7:40 am ET|
According to Deadspin, Patriots safety Brandon Meriweather allegedly shot two men outside a house party in Apopka, Fla., Feb. 27. The incident, which reportedly includes one of the men getting shot in the head, was being reported by the attorney for the two victims, John Morgan.
The report states that a friend of Meriweather allegedly beat up a woman outside the Blue Jeans Lounge, leading to the woman’s brother to arrive with his own acquaintance. The story states with the brother proceeded to beat up the New England player’s friend in a fight, leading Meriweather to fire a gun at the brother of the woman. The bullet, according to Morgan, grazed the woman’s brother in the face, while hitting the other victim in the head.
According to the report, detectives from the Orange County Sheriff’s Office have made no arrests, but continue to investigate the case. Former Miami football player, and current Florida sports talk radio host, Dan Sileo first mentioned the shooting.
To hear Sileo talk about the report on the Dennis & Callahan Show, click here.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Tom Brady Comments on Friendship with President Donald Trump
- Even Patriots Haters Should Marvel at Historic Greatness of Brady and Co.
- Tom Brady, Bill Belichick Clinch Record 7th Super Bowl Appearance
- Danny Amendola Injury: Updates on Patriots Star's Ankle and Return
- Martellus Bennett Injury: Updates on Patriots TE's Knee, Ankle and Return
- Donald Trump Addresses Robert Kraft, Tom Brady at Campaign Donors Dinner
- Patriots' No-Name Defense Has Started Making a Name for Itself