Report: Patriots safety Brandon Meriweather allegedly shoots two
|03.10.11 at 7:40 am ET|
According to Deadspin, Patriots safety Brandon Meriweather allegedly shot two men outside a house party in Apopka, Fla., Feb. 27. The incident, which reportedly includes one of the men getting shot in the head, was being reported by the attorney for the two victims, John Morgan.
The report states that a friend of Meriweather allegedly beat up a woman outside the Blue Jeans Lounge, leading to the woman’s brother to arrive with his own acquaintance. The story states with the brother proceeded to beat up the New England player’s friend in a fight, leading Meriweather to fire a gun at the brother of the woman. The bullet, according to Morgan, grazed the woman’s brother in the face, while hitting the other victim in the head.
According to the report, detectives from the Orange County Sheriff’s Office have made no arrests, but continue to investigate the case. Former Miami football player, and current Florida sports talk radio host, Dan Sileo first mentioned the shooting.
To hear Sileo talk about the report on the Dennis & Callahan Show, click here.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Rob Gronkowski Comments on Roger Goodell, Future in Football, More
- Best and Worst Moves New England Patriots Can Make This Offseason
- Bill Belichick Named Potential Witness in Aaron Hernandez's Double-Murder...
- Mike Freeman's 10-Point Stance: Patriots' Big Trade Bait, NFL's Athletic...
- Martellus Bennett Reportedly to Test Free Agency, Patriots Exit Possible
- Tom Brady's Missing Super Bowl 51 Jersey Valued at $500,000 in Police...
- 10 NFL Combine Participants New England Patriots Fans Should Know