Bill Belichick and Patriots at Florida Pro Day, meet with Mike Pouncey
|03.15.11 at 8:59 pm ET|
The Patriots took advantage of the fact that Tuesday was Florida’s Pro Day to meet with Gators offensive lineman Mike Pouncey, according to the Associated Press.
The 6-foot-4, 310-pound Pouncey ‘ brother of Pittsburgh offensive lineman Maurkice Pouncey ‘ was one of the main attractions on Tuesday, a gathering that attracted several scouts and coaches, including New England’s Bill Belichick. (He’s pictured here in the orange.) Reportedly, Pouncey met individually with the Giants, the Jaguars, Patriots and Bears on Tuesday, and later told reporters he anticipates being taken in the middle of the first round, saying he’s had good feedback from a number of teams, including the Dolphins, Jags, Giants and Bucs.
Pouncey started his Gators career as a defensive tackle before moving to right guard in his sophomore season and eventually replacing his twin at center last season. That sort of positional versatility is also prized in the New England system ‘ combined with the fact that the Patriots recently lost veteran right guard Stephen Neal to retirement, it’s no surprise that are many mock drafts who have Pouncey ticketed to New England with one of their two first-round picks.
As for Pouncey, he came away happy with his performance.
‘I did a great job. They loved me,’ he told reporters.
We profiled Pouncey as part of our ‘Potential Patriots’ series here.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Griff Whalen to Patriots: Latest Contract Details, Comments and Reaction
- Patriots vs. Rams: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- Tom Brady Passes Peyton Manning for Most Wins All-Time by a QB
- Danny Amendola Injury: Updates on Patriots WR's Ankle and Return
- Tom Brady Injury: Updates on Patriots QB's Knee and Return
- Alan Branch Wins Suspension Appeal: Latest Details and Reaction
- Can the New England Patriots Survive Another Rob Gronkowski Absence?