Mizzou DB Kevin Rutland says he has a private workout with Patriots next week
|03.18.11 at 7:24 pm ET|
Missouri defensive back Kevin Rutland has a private workout with the Patriots scheduled for next Wednesday.
Rutland, who told The Telegraph about the upcoming workout on Thursday, is a 6-foot, 190-pound defensive back who ran a 4.46 40 at Missouri’s Pro Day this past week under the watchful eye of several teams, including the Patriots.
Rutland was an All-Big 12 Honorable Mention as a senior, where he finished with a team-high three interceptions and four sacks. He started all 13 games in 2010 and finished the season with 44 tackles (34 solo), four tackles for loss and seven passes broken up. At the combine last month, Rutland posted a 4.58 in the 40, hit 12 reps of 225 pounds in the bench press and posted a 6.92 in the 3-cone drill.
On Thursday, Rutland said he was ‘a lot more comfortable’ inside Missouri’s Devine Pavilion than he was the combine in Indy, and wasn’t in awe of some of the coaches like he was in Indianapolis because he had already met them.
‘I’ve been in this facility for five years, so I enjoyed this time,’ Rutland told reporters. ‘Being back home doesn’t bother you. It’s a lot easier.’
NFL.com has a highlight video of his work last month at the combine ‘ check it out here.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Danny Amendola Injury: Updates on Patriots Star's Ankle and Return
- Martellus Bennett Injury: Updates on Patriots TE's Knee and Return
- Donald Trump Addresses Robert Kraft, Tom Brady at Campaign Donors Dinner
- Patriots' No-Name Defense Has Started Making a Name for Itself
- Josh McDaniels to Return as Patriots OC: Latest Comments and Reaction
- Patriots Picked Perfect Time to Play Imperfect Football in Win over...
- Dion Lewis vs. Texans: Stats, Highlights and Reaction