Mizzou DB Kevin Rutland says he has a private workout with Patriots next week
|03.18.11 at 7:24 pm ET|
Missouri defensive back Kevin Rutland has a private workout with the Patriots scheduled for next Wednesday.
Rutland, who told The Telegraph about the upcoming workout on Thursday, is a 6-foot, 190-pound defensive back who ran a 4.46 40 at Missouri’s Pro Day this past week under the watchful eye of several teams, including the Patriots.
Rutland was an All-Big 12 Honorable Mention as a senior, where he finished with a team-high three interceptions and four sacks. He started all 13 games in 2010 and finished the season with 44 tackles (34 solo), four tackles for loss and seven passes broken up. At the combine last month, Rutland posted a 4.58 in the 40, hit 12 reps of 225 pounds in the bench press and posted a 6.92 in the 3-cone drill.
On Thursday, Rutland said he was ‘a lot more comfortable’ inside Missouri’s Devine Pavilion than he was the combine in Indy, and wasn’t in awe of some of the coaches like he was in Indianapolis because he had already met them.
‘I’ve been in this facility for five years, so I enjoyed this time,’ Rutland told reporters. ‘Being back home doesn’t bother you. It’s a lot easier.’
NFL.com has a highlight video of his work last month at the combine ‘ check it out here.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Tom Brady Says He Has No Interest in Pursuing Coaching Career
- New England Patriots vs. Buffalo Bills Betting Odds, Analysis, NFL Pick
- Dion Lewis Injury: Updates on Patriots RB's Recovery from Knee Surgery
- Rob Gronkowski Keeps Rolling as the Patriots' Offensive Pillar
- Patriots vs. Steelers: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- NFL Power Rankings: Breaking Down Sunday's Action Ahead of Week 7
- Patriots vs. Bengals: Full Report Card Grades for New England