|Bill Belichick not a fan of kickoff proposal||03.21.11 at 2:54 pm ET|
Bill Belichick — in New Orleans for the annual NFL owners’ meetings — said Monday that he is not a fan of the NFL Competition Committee’s new kickoff proposal, which would move the kickoffs to the 35-yard line.
“It’s a pretty complicated proposal,” Belichick told Mike Reiss of ESPN. “I don’t like the idea of eliminating the kickoff [return] from the game. I think it’s one of the most exciting plays in football. It looks like the Competition Committee is trying to eliminate that play. I don’t know if that’s really good for the game.”
Player safety, according to the Competition Committee, is a key factor in the proposed kickoff move. Belichick seemed skeptical when asked if he thought player safety was the reason for the proposed adjustment.
“The presentation last night, I don’t know that it’s because of head injuries,” Belichick told ESPN. “The ones they showed, there weren’t very many of them. I don’t know, I think you should talk to the Competition Committee. They are the ones that really proposed the rule. Talk to Rich McKay and whoever else is on the committee and see what they have to say about it. There are a lot of components to it — four different elements to it. It’s kind of a complicated rule.”
2013 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2013 NFL DRAFT
- Report: Patriots Restructure Julian Edelman's Contract
- New England Patriots Links 5/24/13 - Chandler Jones 'Ramping Up' for Year...
- Bill Belichick and The Greatest Coaches Ever
- New England Patriots Links 5/23/13 - Amendola, Jenkins Top Receivers at...
- Patriots Claim OT Kevin Haslam; Waive R.J. Mattes
- Patriots Spend League High $140K In Guaranteed Money For UDFAs
- New England Patriots Links 5/22/13 - Talib: OTAs About 'Getting Down the...