NFL owners approve changes in kickoffs
|03.22.11 at 2:10 pm ET|
NFL owners voted Tuesday to move kickoffs to the 35-yard line instead of the 30, but keep touchbacks coming out to the 20. In addition, owners also have decided to allow the number of players in a blocking wedge to remain at two.
Prior to Tuesday’s vote, the league’s competition committee proposed placing the ball at the 25 after touchbacks on kickoffs and banning the wedge altogether.
Several coaches expressed concern about making too many changes to kickoffs, saying bringing touchbacks out five more yards would affect field position too much. Coaches also worried about an increase in touchbacks.
Owners voted to make all scoring plays reviewable by the replay official and referee.
- 2013 Week 14 Patriots Power Rankings
- New England Patriots Links 12/12/13 - Jamie Collins Growing into...
- Coping With Loss: the Rob Gronkowski Edition
- New England Patriots Links 12/11/13 - Can Mental Toughness Overcome...
- No Lead, No Problem
- Patriots vs. Browns: By the Numbers
- Offensive Fallout: Touch Percentage